Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

I mean we have one of the worst competitors ever, our ex 2 best sales guys, built up their own company while still working for us, sneakily signing all the deals over the their company, they had our entire database and really done us over. It was only by luck, 1 of them drunkenly emailed our boss about something, except he did it from his secret copmany email address. It only took 10 minutes to put 2 and 2 together then but huge damage was done. They have relentlessly been trying to steal our customers since, that was about 3-4 years ago and they still do it. They are the only people I could imagine sending engineers to mess up our machines and even then I'm pretty sure I'd catch them out. Anyway i'll shut up now, I've driven the conversation away from resolving the problem at hand.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Guys the problem is that the SP to dump NVRAM data is not available in Factory mode. Thats why we need an EEPROM reader.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynetto View Post
    Guys the problem is that the SP to dump NVRAM data is not available in Factory mode. Thats why we need an EEPROM reader.
    Interesting, I honestly never looked. I knew some SPs were not accessible in Factory mode but never bothered to take a comprehensive survey of which ones,

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Finding previous tech SP access code

Hi all
    Im looking for some advice/help
    i have a few ex lease MPC5504ex that have service lock enabled and have had both supervisor and admin passwords changed and iam unable to get this information from them
    i want to data dump the nv to see if i can edit the passwords and gain access to the machine
    i have a machine that ive cleared passwords in sp mode so i can back up that nv to sd card and use that as my guide to what i need to edit

so advise
    what is a good eprom reader and program to use to read then write back to the nv
    i HxD to edit the file is that ok

when nv uploaded to sd from machine i get xxxx.nv file
    when using a reader on nv chip i get xxxxx.bin file
    does this cause any issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice

This is Only To Allow Me To Gain Access to The Machine's via supervisor or admin password change
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Finding previous tech SP access code

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Hi all
    Im looking for some advice/help
    i have a few ex lease MPC5504ex that have service lock enabled and have had both supervisor and admin passwords changed and iam unable to get this information from them
    i want to data dump the nv to see if i can edit the passwords and gain access to the machine
    i have a machine that ive cleared passwords in sp mode so i can back up that nv to sd card and use that as my guide to what i need to edit

so advise
    what is a good eprom reader and program to use to read then write back to the nv
    i HxD to edit the file is that ok

when nv uploaded to sd from machine i get xxxx.nv file
    when using a reader on nv chip i get xxxxx.bin file
    does this cause any issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice

This is Only To Allow Me To Gain Access to The Machine's via supervisor or admin password change
    Considering that this thread is almost a year and a half old, start a new one.