Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3502 SC554 problem

Re: MP C3502 SC554 problem

Quote Originally Posted by kanagavel View Post
    Hi Mr.jaypaul thank you for the reply. but my doubt is if my machine fusing got problem means why the same problem comes when i change another good fusing unit to the same machine
    The fusing unit does not store the error code, the machine memory does. Once the fusing is repaired, it will work on another machine provided that the other machine does not have a stored error. A fusing from another machine will not work until the error is properly cleared from memory.

Turn the C3502 off. Put a good fuse in the proper connector on the fusing unit and install the fusing unit in the C3502. Open the front door of the C3502. Turn the C3502 on leaving the front door open. Enter service mode and execute SP5810-002. Close the front door and cycle power.

If you rebuilt fusing units properly when recommended in the PM table, you will build a collection of the fuses. They send a fuse with every fusing sleeve assembly but you do not need it if there is no error code.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kanagavel's Avatar

hi Mr.jaypaul justnow i tried sp5810-2 showing faild so now how to solve.
    Hi Mr. Jay Paul, actually my machine working good before i change fusing flim after change that flim this error comes up when i change the flim there is no pico fuse then my friend said put fuse then only the error problem will be solved then i put took fuse from another machine fusing unit and put it here still same problem there... Please help me to solve this issue

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3502 SC554 problem

Hi Mr. Jay Paul, actually my machine working good before i change fusing flim after change that flim this error comes up when i change the flim there is no pico fuse then my friend said put fuse then only the error problem will be solved then i put took fuse from another machine fusing unit and put it here still same problem there... Please help me to solve this issue
    maybe follow what Slimslob said?

Slim is one of the older more savvy techs on anything ricoh. I would say his accuracy rates are in mid-high 90%

just saying

MP C3502 SC554 problem

Hi Mr. Polarbear
    Yes, I know there is one fuse inside the fusing unit but the problem is i changed new fusing unit with good working condition from another machine then why the same problem still there
    the error code is still stored in memory in the copier.

you can try ALL the fusers you want and IF you don't reset the SC code before powering down and THEN replacing fuser you will continue to have issues.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kanagavel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The fusing unit does not store the error code, the machine memory does. Once the fusing is repaired, it will work on another machine provided that the other machine does not have a stored error. A fusing from another machine will not work until the error is properly cleared from memory.

Turn the C3502 off. Put a good fuse in the proper connector on the fusing unit and install the fusing unit in the C3502. Open the front door of the C3502. Turn the C3502 on leaving the front door open. Enter service mode and execute SP5810-002. Close the front door and cycle power.

If you rebuilt fusing units properly when recommended in the PM table, you will build a collection of the fuses. They send a fuse with every fusing sleeve assembly but you do not need it if there is no error code.
    Hi Mr. Slim i tried what you said but when i do sp5810-01 is complete but the sp5810-02 is failed
    So now how to solve

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3502 SC554 problem

Hi Mr. Slim i tried what you said but when i do sp5810-01 is complete but the sp5810-02 is failed
    So now how to solve
    Then either the fuse was already blown or was not mounted properly.

MP C3502 SC554 problem

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Then either the fuse was already blown or was not mounted properly.
    Bet he used one if the good USED fusers again! MP C3502 SC554 problem

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think the slight language barrier may be making this difficult but slimslob pretty much nailed it. However reading it all back, why did you change the fuser sleeve in the first place, was it damaged?
    if it worked fine but was bad quality, you changed the fuser sleeve and suddenly got the sc544 then maybe you put it back together wrong. So even IF you put a NEW fuse onto a working fuser, follow the above instructions to finally clear the sc544 there could still be an underlying problem. Which may potentially give you an SC code again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I think Slim has it mostly correct, but at some point, you could no longer have doors open when doing a 5-810-002. Doing so will return a failed result.

I believe on the 2 series, you need to be in service mode, have a new fuse in the unit, put unit back in machine, close up all the covers, do the 5-810-002 (you should get a success message), then reboot the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C3502 SC554 problem

I would bet he has not used a fuse, it's not too hard to do, I have had to use one many times and have never had a problem. I'd send him some if he was in the US, I wonder what the shipping would be for five fuses sent to the other side of the world.