Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ricoh 3352 external devices questions !!

friends
    I have an external coins acceptor device
    and I have Ricoh 3352 copier
    in SP mode I set the SP-5113 to the right configration
    the question !! in this model where is the I/O device connecter slot ????

IN the 2205 models the connector was in the right side of the copier 2 pins for copier release and 2 pins for counting

thanks all

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: ricoh 3352 external devices questions !!

If you are looking at the back of the machine with the cover off, it is in the upper left hand corner. The connector is a small one just hanging there and does not look like the big 4 pin connector from previous models you might be used to looking at.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    If you are looking at the back of the machine with the cover off, it is in the upper left hand corner. The connector is a small one just hanging there and does not look like the big 4 pin connector from previous models you might be used to looking at.
    i found a plug but that not work for me, i capture two pictures can you take a look
    psb.jpgleft.jpg

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

You probably need to order the Optional Counter Interface Unit Type A. The EDP code is 413012.
    s-l225.jpg
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    You probably need to order the Optional Counter Interface Unit Type A. The EDP code is 413012.
    s-l225.jpg
    Plus 1 to this. I had it installed when i was on the field installing the Cartadis 4000
    Aye! Cut the crap

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

The setting in SP5-113 (default optional counter type) for a key counter connection is usually ext key card deduct option 11. Then in user tools - system settings - Admin, you'll need to highlight copies in the "External charge unit management". Nothing should be set in the Key counter management tab in the admin section.

Why you may need the interface board: Some models only use the key counter management setting is sys settings - admin when controlling the key counter. Using this with a coin unit usually causes a JAM when funds run out. Some Ricoh models have a constant 5 VDC on the count line of a key counter. That's fine for a coil in an actual key counter but a coin box is more sensitive and may not see the voltage drop low enough to actually count when a copy is made. With this board you'd use the SP5-113 option (Coin Rack option 4). As a side note some models have a "Coin Rack Recommended" option 6. This setting usually disables the doc feeder and duplex unit because with those in use there is always the possibility of getting a duplexed sheet at the single price. Most people would rather use the doc feeder and duplex unit and not care about the occasional missed page.
    Jamex Tech Support: Saving the world one phone call at a time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    The setting in SP5-113 (default optional counter type) for a key counter connection is usually ext key card deduct option 11. Then in user tools - system settings - Admin, you'll need to highlight copies in the "External charge unit management". Nothing should be set in the Key counter management tab in the admin section.

Why you may need the interface board: Some models only use the key counter management setting is sys settings - admin when controlling the key counter. Using this with a coin unit usually causes a JAM when funds run out. Some Ricoh models have a constant 5 VDC on the count line of a key counter. That's fine for a coil in an actual key counter but a coin box is more sensitive and may not see the voltage drop low enough to actually count when a copy is made. With this board you'd use the SP5-113 option (Coin Rack option 4). As a side note some models have a "Coin Rack Recommended" option 6. This setting usually disables the doc feeder and duplex unit because with those in use there is always the possibility of getting a duplexed sheet at the single price. Most people would rather use the doc feeder and duplex unit and not care about the occasional missed page.
    thanks for replay and for help
    when the machine is locked with the External charge unit management
    how can i release it
    at the old ricoh versions i was make a short circuit with pin number 1 and 2 the copier unlock and pin 3,4 for counting
    in this model i cant release the copier when i short the 2 pins
    can you help

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkdirs View Post
    thanks for replay and for help
    when the machine is locked with the External charge unit management
    how can i release it
    at the old ricoh versions i was make a short circuit with pin number 1 and 2 the copier unlock and pin 3,4 for counting
    in this model i cant release the copier when i short the 2 pins
    can you help
    Answering that on a public forum would make that answer available to anyone who wanted to make unauthorized use of the 3352

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Answering that on a public forum would make that answer available to anyone who wanted to make unauthorized use of the 3352
    you can PM

Technician

Did you find a solution? I have the same Problem with an MP 3054. I have installed for a copy shop a self-build counting system and it worked fine with elder machines. Like the topicstarter I didnt find how to unlock the MP 3054. Shorting Pins 1 and 2 on CN133 did not work. This modell can have an Option Key Counter Holder Type M3 installed, so I hope, it could work with external counter also without the optional Key Counter Interface Type M12.