Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Reset service mode

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    I think I do know a way of doing it but i'm not going to say as punishment for you writing the ricoh sp code in a public forum for the whole world to see. Thanks to people doing that we already had to change the code once and we'll probably have it changed again.
    Hi there, I Work for a a company that is an official Ricoh dealer and would be really interested in knowing the process that will possibly reset the sp mode code or if there is a way to find the code that it was changed to. We bought a machine from a wholesaler and would rather not replace the nvram. If you could message me with the details on this process I would appreciate it, Thanks!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Reset service mode

Quote Originally Posted by Troybjenks View Post
    Hi there, I Work for a a company that is an official Ricoh dealer and would be really interested in knowing the process that will possibly reset the sp mode code or if there is a way to find the code that it was changed to. We bought a machine from a wholesaler and would rather not replace the nvram. If you could message me with the details on this process I would appreciate it, Thanks!
    If you are in fact with an official Ricoh dealer you would know that all you have to do is call you regional service rep.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are in fact with an official Ricoh dealer you would know that all you have to do is call you regional service rep.
    Um, of course that's been done. I've called tech support. they say replace the nvram. I've searched tsrc and there are no tech pubs giving any information on alternative solutions. so no leads yet. Tech support can be a little lacking in the help, They wont even give you the entry method for special service mode any more to reset the admin and supervisor pass (reset 1** CC). luckily I had saved and printed a tech pub from 3 years ago that stated how to reset that. I was just reaching out based on your reply to this thread saying that you think you know a method to reset the service mode code (though you said you wouldn't since he just blasted the entry method for service mode on a public forum). So I guess you were saying that to sound...cool.. I guess..

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Reset service mode

Um, of course that's been done. I've called tech support. they say replace the nvram. I've searched tsrc and there are no tech pubs giving any information on alternative solutions. so no leads yet. Tech support can be a little lacking in the help, They wont even give you the entry method for special service mode any more to reset the admin and supervisor pass (reset 1** CC). luckily I had saved and printed a tech pub from 3 years ago that stated how to reset that. I was just reaching out based on your reply to this thread saying that you think you know a method to reset the service mode code (though you said you wouldn't since he just blasted the entry method for service mode on a public forum). So I guess you were saying that to sound...cool.. I guess..
    I did not say call tech support. I said call your dealer support rep. You may need to schedule an on site visit to help you. Sometimes you cam also get help from an instructor. You did get the instructor's contact information every time you went to a service school.

I did not say call tech support. I said call your dealer support rep. You may need to schedule an on site visit to help you. Sometimes you cam also get help from an instructor. You did get the instructor's contact information every time you went to a service school.
    Our dealer service rep has changed twice since covid caused a bunch of layoffs. So i'll try my last instructors contact info down in Cali and see if he has any info. I just figured Id reach out to you first since I came across this thread with you claiming you may know a method to reset this code... but alas, this claim seems to be false. Thanks for your time.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Reset service mode

Our dealer service rep has changed twice since covid caused a bunch of layoffs. So i'll try my last instructors contact info down in Cali and see if he has any info. I just figured Id reach out to you first since I came across this thread with you claiming you may know a method to reset this code... but alas, this claim seems to be false. Thanks for your time.
    You are mistaken. I did not claim to know. I did say that it was not available in Factory Mode. Those that do know might be more willing to help if you were to fill out your profile.

There is one thing to try that been suggested in other threads, the old 3 digit number twice.

You are mistaken. I did not claim to know. I did say that it was not available in Factory Mode. Those that do know might be more willing to help if you were to fill out your profile.

There is one thing to try that been suggested in other threads, the old 3 digit number twice.
    Oh my apologies that was another user who stated that

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Reset service mode

Oh my apologies that was another user who stated that
    to the best of my knowledge there is no way to reset the SP mode code if you don't have the new one other then with NVram.
    However, I have suggested with success to several others to try 107107 to access it. It seems to be a pretty common change back to the Old code (x 2) since it must be 6 digits.
    It's worth a try, other than that, unfortunately you're probably out of luck