Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: c3002 locked up

Re: c3002 locked up

What exactly is it that you can do and what is it that you can not do? Give us an itemized list of each.

Technician

Well, none of the above worked, I'm still locked out. The login button not working is an issue because I can't enter a password to get access to change the Network Security Level from Custom. Does anyone have ANY idea why the login button is locked? I haven't been able to find any references to such an issue so far.

Copybats, it prints fine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    Well, none of the above worked, I'm still locked out. The login button not working is an issue because I can't enter a password to get access to change the Network Security Level from Custom. Does anyone have ANY idea why the login button is locked? I haven't been able to find any references to such an issue so far.

Copybats, it prints fine.
    That is strange. Have you tried doing a full reboot of the copier? I would also try to turn off admin authentication to make the login button disappear and then log back on. Something similar happened to me once, and I had to update the firmware and got it working.

Are you using customers own SMTP or gmail?
    If it works, don't touch it.

Technician

The fact it's printing means the network settings/modem settings are ok.
    Factory reset from the key panel appeared to work, as in the machine rebooted, but hasn't changed my lack of access.
    Login button gives 2 beeps when pressed, no request for password appears.
    HTTP ping comes back as not found.
    SP access works fine.

Admin Authentication is already off. Management is set to machine?
    Last edited by dikman; 02-24-2020 at 11:43 PM. Reason: more info

May seem like a stupid question but hear my out. How are you accessing the login button?

Are you going into system settings first and then pressing the physical login button/login button at top right of sceen?

As Slimslob mentioned in a previous thread

'As for the login/logout button beeping, it means that you are on a screen that does not allow login"

If you're on the home screen and press the login button, you'll just hear the 2 beeps and no prompts to login

Technician

Progress - of sorts. Copybats, it suddenly occurred to me that I should turn the Admin Authentication back on, now that I've made those changes slimslob said and rebooted the machine. I now have admin access and got rid of that Custom setting. I still can't ping it, but I'm getting closer!

WIM is now working! Presumably clearing that Custom setting did it.

Now to look into that certificate stuff.

Many thanks slimslob and copybats, I feel much more confidant about it now.
    Last edited by dikman; 02-25-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Thumbs up Re: c3002 locked up

Progress - of sorts. Copybats, it suddenly occurred to me that I should turn the Admin Authentication back on, now that I've made those changes slimslob said and rebooted the machine. I now have admin access and got rid of that Custom setting. I still can't ping it, but I'm getting closer!

WIM is now working! Presumably clearing that Custom setting did it.

Now to look into that certificate stuff.

Many thanks slimslob and copybats, I feel much more confidant about it now.
    Sounds good, good luck!

Quick tip for the certificate, sometimes the default selected option is 1 year for the expiry. Try using something longer like even the 10 year option so you do not have to revisit the customer.

I'm still locked out. The login button not working is an issue because I can't enter a password to get access to change the Network Security Level from Custom. Does anyone have ANY idea why the login button is locked?
    Maybe because you do not have admin authentication turned on. The Login button is only active when admin authentication is enabled. It should not prevent you from getting into SP mode or accessing WIM as Https://. Your problem is not the Network Security Level been set to custom. Your problem is the certificate you installed. You have been given 2 methods for clearing it. If you can't handle it on your own, being in Australia maybe you can talk Lagonda into coming out of retirement and fixing it for you.

Technician

Yes, slimslob, you are quite right, as subsequent events have proven! There was still something strange happening before, but with the help of you folks I've at least reached the stage where I can restore things. I had the printer itself working and knew I had to leave soon, but thought with your excellent guide to installing a certificate I'd do that first. I should have known better!! I loaded the certificate and the printer came back with a message that "the printer needs attention"!LOL! Very informative, that. They were closing the office for the day so it's no big deal.

Your clearance codes didn't have any effect this time so I'll try a factory reset when I get back. Whatever the certificate installation is doing it appears to be what's causing the HTTP block, because I've lost WIM again.

Just as well I like a challenge.

If you can't get SSL working, you can always use another SMTP to get the scan to email working again. If that does not work for some reason, you can always get customer to buy a NAS drive and use the scan to folder option if that is acceptable for them.