Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: c3002 locked up

Technician

Re: c3002 locked up

If I can't get it working for them they're not too fussed. The secretary said that she wouldn't mind getting a newer (smaller) machine that can handle A3. The 3002 was donated to them so as long as it works as a copier/printer that will be fine. It's just annoying me that I can't get it working.

Technician

I tried once more to get this beastie working and locked it up again! Fortunately I now know enough to clear it. I can install a device certificate ok but to enable SSL it needs a certificate 1. There are two options, via WIM, create a certificate or request one. Request can't work because until I enable SSL (which requires cert 1) I have no internet connection. If I try to create one that is the point that the machine locks up.

I think I'll just leave them with a working printer/copier.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    c3002 locked up

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    I tried once more to get this beastie working and locked it up again! Fortunately I now know enough to clear it. I can install a device certificate ok but to enable SSL it needs a certificate 1. There are two options, via WIM, create a certificate or request one. Request can't work because until I enable SSL (which requires cert 1) I have no internet connection. If I try to create one that is the point that the machine locks up.

I think I'll just leave them with a working printer/copier.
    You need a Site Certificate for email scanning to SMTP over SSL or TLS. Site Certificates are to allow devices such as an email scanner to notify an internet site such as a SMTP server that what your device is sending is safe. They are issued by various internet Certificate Authorities (CA). The document I attached previously has to do with site certificates. When you log in to WIM as admin make sure you go to Site Certificate.

A Device Certificate is used to protect the device it is installed/created on from external attack or to identify that one device to another specific device or application. Most often with Ricoh they are used with and installed by JAVA and other APPS. @remote creates a unique device certificate that identifies that individual device to the @remote server.

Technician

Thanks mate, the site certificate worked as per your .pdf, no problems there. It's the device certificate that's causing the problem, when I try to create one it comes back with error 404. At least they have a working printer/copier now (thanks to your help). In the meantime they've given me another problem while I was there, they have an old Canon ir3225 and someone's been heavy-handed closing the right hand door and the lower feed unit on it is loose. Buggered if I can see how it comes off, the manual hasn't helped so I'm still searching.....(I need an icon of a head bashing against a brick wall!).

Anyhow, I appreciate the help I've been given here with the Ricoh.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    c3002 locked up

Why are you trying to create a device certificate? Almost all applications that require one create it when the app is installed.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    c3002 locked up

they have an old Canon ir3225 and someone's been heavy-handed closing the right hand door and the lower feed unit on it is loose. Buggered if I can see how it comes off, the manual hasn't helped so I'm still searching.....(I need an icon of a head bashing against a brick wall!).

Anyhow, I appreciate the help I've been given here with the Ricoh.
    Run Forest Run

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    c3002 locked up

It's the device certificate that's causing the problem, when I try to create one it comes back with error 404.
    When there is a device certificate, the internal web page, WIM, becomes a secure web page. If you do not access it as such, https://, it will not be found. http error 404 is page not found on server where the C3002 is the server.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Why are you trying to create a device certificate? Almost all applications that require one create it when the app is installed.
    In WIM, under certificates, I think (I'm not in front of it so I can't say exactly where) it indicates SSL requires a certificate 1? Are you saying that all I need is the device certificate to enable SSL? There's no "app" to install. I've got to go back, with some tools, to look at the Canon so I'll get more details then.

Technician

When there is a device certificate, the internal web page, WIM, becomes a secure web page. If you do not access it as such, https://, it will not be found. http error 404 is page not found on server where the C3002 is the server.
    Hmm, I don't recall being given that choice when I tried to create the certificate, I'll check again tomorrow.

Nice try but the problem dikman was having was with scan to email not scan to folder. Totally different ball of wax. Your a good tech. I have seen a lot of good advice from you. Just make sure you are answering the right question.
    Yep...fair call...serves me right for trying to troubleshoot when I'm busy trying to troubleshoot my OWN shit I guess