Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Savin/Ricoh MP C3333 SC 492

Re: Savin/Ricoh MP C3333 SC 492

Quote Originally Posted by thurmmy View Post
    I guess that's possible but wouldn't I be getting a SC for that. Also, I know my machine, I installed it new and have been working on it for 11 years.
    Slimslob has given some good advice check it out and may be try another transfer unit
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I guess that's possible but wouldn't I be getting a SC for that. Also, I know my machine, I installed it new and have been working on it for 11 years.
    Color transfer rollers not being lifted could cause SC492. It will definitely cause the second page of the samples you posted.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This makes the most sense, thanks. I will be back over there in the morning.

As stated 2 different ITB units. Its weird that it happened after replacing toner pump.
    Sorry missed the ITB replacement you sure you haven't damaged or knocked something on rear frame where pumps are then.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Mpc3333 never heard of that machine quote correct machine and if you have samples would help
    C3333 is the Savin Number for the Ricoh C3300.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    C3333 is the Savin Number for the Ricoh C3300.
    Thanks FrohnB it's a usa / uk thing we don't get savin over here. Have a good one.
    Regards Mark

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You may have a problem with the laser shutter. Or the lift for the color transfer rollers. Considering that the MP C3300 launched 10/14/2008 you might be better off to replace the dinosaur. The need repair parts might not be available.

Be sure to check these!
    Laser comes out from left side of machine (remove left cover, a couple fans and small metal plates, and a few connectors). We have seen the shutter not open far enough (software bug) - update firmware if you haven't. Have seen techs just remove this shutter before without any effects down the road. I know there's an SP mode that you can adjust for the timing on the shutter too, but can't remember off the top of my head.

As slim said, could be that the lift for the ITB isn't working properly.

Make sure the springs on the back frame of machine that contact the ITB aren't bent/ missing - I say this because you changed toner pump, and have to get your hands/ tools all the way back there, may have bent something or knocked something loose unknowingly.

I'm voting lift issue though, since the black is unaffected. ITB contact motor P/n: B2231199 (rear cover, swing controller box out of the way, and it's right there, kind of a black/grey plastic encased motor) or if there's a lift sensor behind the ITB unit on rear frame of machine, make sure it didn't get knocked off.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes, thanks, I've got an old C5000 here in shop and it is mostly the same. Already pulled the motor and will have it with tomorrow. Its good to hang onto them old buggers sometimes. It also has the same ITB that I had used yesterday.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Be sure to check these!
    Laser comes out from left side of machine (remove left cover, a couple fans and small metal plates, and a few connectors). We have seen the shutter not open far enough (software bug) - update firmware if you haven't. Have seen techs just remove this shutter before without any effects down the road. I know there's an SP mode that you can adjust for the timing on the shutter too, but can't remember off the top of my head.

As slim said, could be that the lift for the ITB isn't working properly.

Make sure the springs on the back frame of machine that contact the ITB aren't bent/ missing - I say this because you changed toner pump, and have to get your hands/ tools all the way back there, may have bent something or knocked something loose unknowingly.

I'm voting lift issue though, since the black is unaffected. ITB contact motor P/n: B2231199 (rear cover, swing controller box out of the way, and it's right there, kind of a black/grey plastic encased motor) or if there's a lift sensor behind the ITB unit on rear frame of machine, make sure it didn't get knocked off.
    I had that motor go on me on a ricoh mpc3300 with 500k and it was a bit to figure out..
    It is basically like a paper cassette lift motor on older mid range b/w machines