Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MP 501 2 sided jamming

So the more I work on these, the more I am really ready to push them out into a street in busy traffic or off a tall building. However, that doesn't solve my current issue.

Machine has 2 drawers. Runs all day single side. I can run 1 2 sided at a time. You run more double sided (IE, I want 5 of this 2 sided), it shows a JC31, which according the manual is a multi-feed out of tray 1. Except I can run tray 2 and it does the exact same thing. Essentially, the jam is in the back. There is a piece of paper about 3 inches out of the fuser exit with print on the top side. Also stuck in the fuser exit, even with the exit guide, is paper with an image on the bottom side.

I have had one multi feed issue before and it was indeed a dirty optics sensor next to the registration roller (there are 3 sensors on this stupid machine right next to the registration roller). The two optics sensors have been cleaned and the sensor on the bottom of the PCDU has been cleaned. The "bucket" the sensor on the PCDU looks into is clean of paper dust.

Of course since this is a Kyocera machine in Ricoh clothes, many of the usual options in service mode like input checks for sensors are not available.

I have worked on just enough of these to know I don't like them at all and also have just enough that I run into goof ball issues and often have not seen that particular issue before. This is one of those cases unfortunately.

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: MP 501 2 sided jamming

Aah is that what these are, didn't know they were Kyocera based and it was driving me mad. Sorry I can't help OP just wanted to thank you for finally solving the mystery.

These are rubbish

Edit: We had a 401 exit jam on the very 1st print of the day, every single morning and only once before working fine for the rest of the day. We had to modify the exit sensor by covering the open space around the sensor with a mylar to keep the fuser fumes out. Maybe something similar wrong on yours?

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

So another tech and I went back to visit this POS today.

After watching it some more and doing some theorizing, we concluded the duplex was not stopping paper going through. Basically a piece of paper would just continue through and cause the 31 jam, regardless of what paper tray you use.

Well, you don't know what you have to do to get to the duplex clutch, but lets say it isn't pleasant and it is very time consuming. Once we got to the duplex clutch, we found it was gummy and would turn the rollers constantly when the machine was running. We took it out and sprayed it out with contact cleaner and generally tried to clean it up. Put it all back together (few four letter words involved) and finally fired it up. Ran a pile of duplex just fine.

Final issue was a sticky duplex clutch. I hope no one else ever runs into this, but if you do, you read it here first.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 501 2 sided jamming

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post

After watching it some more and doing some theorizing, we concluded the duplex was not stopping paper going through. Basically a piece of paper would just continue through and cause the 31 jam, regardless of what paper tray you use.

Well, you don't know what you have to do to get to the duplex clutch, but lets say it isn't pleasant and it is very time consuming. Once we got to the duplex clutch, we found it was gummy and would turn the rollers constantly when the machine was running. We took it out and sprayed it out with contact cleaner and generally tried to clean it up. Put it all back together (few four letter words involved) and finally fired it up. Ran a pile of duplex just fine.

Final issue was a sticky duplex clutch. I hope no one else ever runs into this, but if you do, you read it here first.
    Excellent trouble shooting.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks for the follow up with the solution.
    Great job...........

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post

Thanks for info yes no fun to get out had to do numerous cassette motors

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had a simular problem on that model a few months ago. First I clear a duplex clotch but this doesn't help.
    Then I find that duplex entrance paper sensor on back door have losen spring. I strained the spring and from then the machine works without jaming.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Technician

[QUOTE = solorajder; 1357467] Birkaç ay önce bu modelde simüler bir sorun yaşadım. İlk önce bir dubleks pıhtı temizlerim ama bu yardımcı olmaz.
    Sonra arka kapıdaki dubleks giriş kağıt sensörünün yayı kaybettiğini görüyorum. Yayı zorladım ve bundan sonra makine sıkışmadan çalışıyor.

Duplex sensor actuator on the back cover, I recommend you check. maybe it helps

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP 501 2 sided jamming

Quote Originally Posted by usta View Post
    [QUOTE = solorajder; 1357467] Birkaç ay önce bu modelde simüler bir sorun yaşadım. İlk önce bir dubleks pıhtı temizlerim ama bu yardımcı olmaz.
    Sonra arka kapıdaki dubleks giriş kağıt sensörünün yayı kaybettiğini görüyorum. Yayı zorladım ve bundan sonra makine sıkışmadan çalışıyor.

Duplex sensor actuator on the back cover, I recommend you check. maybe it helps
    The problem has already been resolved.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING