Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MPC 5504 scanning and firmware package issues....

Hi out there,
    getting a few issues with an MPC5504.

Issue one is that it wont update the firmaware from the "package" download. It finds the package firmware but then gives an error E62. Its ok with individual firmware updates, such as engine and network support etc, but will not cooperate with the package.

I am using a 4 gig sd card, have put the firmware in a folder "package". Any ideas what I am doing wrong or is it another "Ricoh" issue that will be sorted sometime next century!!!

Next issue (same machine), when I try to set up a scan to folder connection (SMB) to windows 10, (it works fine with windows 7) it behaves like the 03's used to when the firmware was wrong, IE you get the authentication failed message...may be password or firewall etc... I have updated the network support software which usually solves it but so far no luck.

Not sure that some IT hotshot hasn't done something in the settings somewhere as all the other 04's we have done have been fine have been fine, but I cant see it - even comparing it to the othe 04' units we have in the workshop.

Any suggestions up to and including hitting it with a hammer would be great,

Thanks

Steve
    Last edited by Vintage tech; 03-05-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Technician

Re: MPC 5504 scanning and firmware package issues....

The package file name must be like "D2425509M.pkg", delete all the characters after the last letter of the name (in this case the M must be the last letter).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi Enricos,
    Thanks for that advice, all done and it now works!!
    What puzzles me is why don't Ricoh post this on My Ricoh tech site (or did I miss it despite searching thru all the available bullitins).

Thanks again
    Steve

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage tech View Post
    Hi Enricos,
    Thanks for that advice, all done and it now works!!
    What puzzles me is why don't Ricoh post this on My Ricoh tech site (or did I miss it despite searching thru all the available bullitins).

Thanks again
    Steve
    Most likely because there has not yet been a tech report the problem. They are not mind readers.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Hi out there,

Issue one is that it wont update the firmaware from the "package" download. It finds the package firmware but then gives an error E62. Its ok with individual firmware updates, such as engine and network support etc, but will not cooperate with the package.

I am using a 4 gig sd card, have put the firmware in a folder "package". Any ideas what I am doing wrong or is it another "Ricoh" issue that will be sorted sometime next century!!!

Next issue (same machine), when I try to set up a scan to folder connection (SMB) to windows 10, (it works fine with windows 7) it behaves like the 03's used to when the firmware was wrong, IE you get the authentication failed message...may be password or firewall etc... I have updated the network support software which usually solves it but so far no luck.

Not sure that some IT hotshot hasn't done something in the settings somewhere as all the other 04's we have done have been fine have been fine, but I cant see it - even comparing it to the othe 04' units we have in the workshop.

Thanks

Steve
    Max size for sd card is 2gb and a standard one ie not HD etc
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Hi out there,

Thanks

Steve
    have you reformatted the SD card using the Ricoh approved formatting tool?