Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FMAudit not reading supply data on Ricoh MP 4055

I've noticed a lot of Ricohs not reporting supply data properly on FMAudit. It's been an on going issue for us. Does anyone have any insight as to any SP mode adjustments or firmware levels I can try to resolve this?

Thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: FMAudit not reading supply data on Ricoh MP 4055

FMAudit doesn't provide technical support? I noticed online that I can't find anywhere were they list what product they are compatible with.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    FMAudit doesn't provide technical support? I noticed online that I can't find anywhere were they list what product they are compatible with.
    We find that this issue is pretty exclusive to certain Ricoh models. We're also a Konica, HP, Kyocera, and Lexmark dealer and those devices have no trouble reporting supply data. Meter data is great across the board, however. FMAudit tech support? HA!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I retired before the 55s came out so am not certain but you might be able to setup automatic email notification for supply status in WIM. You used to be able to setup to have the MFP send an email alert for things like toner low, toner out, toner replaced, paper low, paper out, paper replaced and jam and malfunction messages.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Your question may also have the answer. Update troublesome devices FW.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qball View Post
    I've noticed a lot of Ricohs not reporting supply data properly on FMAudit. It's been an on going issue for us. Does anyone have any insight as to any SP mode adjustments or firmware levels I can try to resolve this?

Thanks.
    OEM toner? Missing or bad toner bottle chips will cause this problem. Also set SP 3-903-005. An old bulletin addressed this with FW update.
    Last edited by DRichard; 03-11-2020 at 08:04 PM. Reason: additional info

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    OEM toner? Missing or bad toner bottle chips will cause this problem. Also set SP 3-903-005. An old bulletin addressed this with FW update.
    Would be a good answer if we were discussing a color model.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Unhappy Re: FMAudit not reading supply data on Ricoh MP 4055

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Slimslob makes my heart hurt...

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I do appreciate it. We've tried firmware in these models and gone down a rabbit hole of SP mode changes to no effect. Email notifications is possible but our supply department gets a bunch of erroneous emails regarding this from so many other devices that they ignore those and want the auto toner fullfillment service to handle it exclusively. I set these two devices up on @Remote yesterday and will be exploring the possibility of using @remote to get accurate toner info. Or should I be using ARMS for this?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qball View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I do appreciate it. We've tried firmware in these models and gone down a rabbit hole of SP mode changes to no effect. Email notifications is possible but our supply department gets a bunch of erroneous emails regarding this from so many other devices that they ignore those and want the auto toner fullfillment service to handle it exclusively. I set these two devices up on @Remote yesterday and will be exploring the possibility of using @remote to get accurate toner info. Or should I be using ARMS for this?
    @remote should work. Your supply department or who aver you setup to receive @remote alerts will still get the emails. Where I have used email notification is to have an email go to the individual machine's key operator (may also be a group) and whoever at the customer is responsible controlling and ordering supplies in addition to notifying the dealership.