Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mpc5501 sc672?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mpc5501 sc672?

Mpc5501 sc672?

Hi all

i have a client with an older mpc5501 that on boot up shows the sc672. I have removed the hdd and fax kit and no change. Also the complete op panel is unresponsive. Is this a bad op panel ?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc5501 sc672?

Re: Mpc5501 sc672?

What's the matter? Don't like the answers you got on you post on whether control panels were interchangeable? There are more than one end to every cable. Ready signal from the control panel passes through more than one cable and one other board before it get to the control board.

Mpc5501 sc672?

I am just doing my best to see what all the possibilities are before risking my life. Man you just live to complain!!

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Mpc5501 sc672?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    I am just doing my best to see what all the possibilities are before risking my life. Man you just live to complain!!

Best to call a credited ricoh service engineer he would know what to do sc672 is guite common hdd or most likely controller me personally have never had a control panel causing this fault. Ps above quote if you talk to people with respect and start with the by saying you are a end user trying to be an engineer people would be a lot more helpful to you.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Mpc5501 sc672?

I’m an independent rep and have supported this site for years. That is what this site is for , to support one another. Maybe that’s foreign to you over there eh? I have helped many and have been helped without people chiming in some nonsense like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Best to call a credited ricoh service engineer he would know what to do sc672 is guite common hdd or most likely controller me personally have never had a control panel causing this fault. Ps above quote if you talk to people with respect and start with the by saying you are a end user trying to be an engineer people would be a lot more helpful to you.

Most likely Controller stall on this old clunker.
    Not sure if you can order new boards for this model...it's mostly past the Ricoh unsupported date.

Mpc5501 sc672?

Looks to be main control board. Anyone have a donor machine they want to sell a board from?

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Mpc5501 sc672?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    I’m an independent rep and have supported this site for years. That is what this site is for , to support one another. Maybe that’s foreign to you over there eh? I have helped many and have been helped without people chiming in some nonsense like this.
    Wow good luck have a nice day {as I said controller}
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Mpc5501 sc672?

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Wow good luck have a nice day {as I said controller}
    * Dude has never given a single piece of useful advice to anyone!
    * Seldom begins a thread with nearly enough pertinent information. But instead it becomes a back and forth of suggestions to him, to which which he replies "done that", "tried that", etc., and wasting everybody's time!
    * Starts multiple threads for the same issue/machine
    * Never comes back to say thanks, or close a thread describing what the solution finally was!

It's a real accomplishment (and probably a CTN record), to have 1300+ posts, ZERO rep points, and 6 red cards!
    You've got to be a special breed of ungrateful and arrogant to accomplish that . Congrats!

Thus the reason he's been on my "dead to me" list for over 8 years.

Mpc5501 sc672?

As to my knowledge I have closed every thread and thanked many people and have in fact helped tons. If you don’t have something helpful to say then please keep me on your dead list and stay off the board