Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Legal way to get firmware for Ricoh MP Cxx04- IM CXXX

Hi all

As a aftermarket dealer of refurbished copiers, we are in need of legal way to get newest firmware for Ricoh (Mostly MP Cxx04 and IM Cxxxx).

My my have worked for Ricoh and are used to do updates. They pointed me in the direction of this company (Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware) but can't really tell if they legit or sells pirated firmware.

Take care - Carolina
    Last edited by Carolina; 03-21-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Double My..

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: Legal way to get firmware for Ricoh MP Cxx04- IM CXXX

I may be mistaken but that's kind of a grey area. If you are an authorised tech and download the firmware from my-ricoh it's all good...if you do not have access to my-ricoh and get the exact same firmware from someone else it's pirated.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

We do not have access to my-ricoh - cause we are non authorised tech (mix of old Xerox, Konica Minolta and Ricoh guys) selling only refurbished.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Only official way is to call Ricoh or an authorized dealer and have a tech come and update for you. That's the only "legal" way. I can say from experience that it's not difficult to do but if done wrong you can "brick" a machine and make it useless so best to call and have it done that way if it goes sideways, Ricoh is on the hook to fix it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Only official way is to call Ricoh or an authorized dealer and have a tech come and update for you. That's the only "legal" way. I can say from experience that it's not difficult to do but if done wrong you can "brick" a machine and make it useless so best to call and have it done that way if it goes sideways, Ricoh is on the hook to fix it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    On the later models, in the past 5+ years its pretty much impossible to load the wrong firmware & "brick" the device as you say.

If you were to attempt to upload the wrong firmware you will first be prompted that the part number is incorrect or the machine will simply not give you the option to update.

In fact you can store multiple models on one SD card the machine will choose the correct files & ignore the rest.

I've put this to the test on multiple models.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Hi all

As a aftermarket dealer of refurbished copiers, we are in need of legal way to get newest firmware for Ricoh (Mostly MP Cxx04 and IM Cxxxx).

My my have worked for Ricoh and are used to do updates. They pointed me in the direction of this company (Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware) but can't really tell if they legit or sells pirated firmware.

Take care - Carolina
    If as the second of your post tends to indicate Ricoh in some way directed you to the link you provided, then I would say that they are legit. All I can say for sure is that my security software did not block the link.

If on the other hand, you are in some way affiliated with that website, you're in London their in London, then you are in violation of "General Rule 8. Advertising - Posting or replying to posts for the express purpose of referring others to another commercial website is not allowed, If you want to advertise here please see this link (our paid advertisers are exempt from this rule but please don't over do it)" and need to purchase advertising.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Hi all

As a aftermarket dealer of refurbished copiers, we are in need of legal way to get newest firmware for Ricoh (Mostly MP Cxx04 and IM Cxxxx
    These machines you have listed have the firmware update function built it, it just needs to be turned on. Set Sp5886-111 (auto update setting) to 1(on)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    These machines you have listed have the firmware update function built it, it just needs to be turned on. Set Sp5886-111 (auto update setting) to 1(on)
    This is correct, if they are on @remote as I remember.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    This is correct, if they are on @remote as I remember.
    No, @remote is not needed this function works without.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Pardon my ignorance in Ricoh area. I just read about @remote and how it works. KonMin has such a functionality called CSRC or Vcare. But how this auto-update works? Is this like Brothers when enabled and connect them software tell you that there's new FW version and you can do FW update. I'm asking because I do this on every Brother printer/scanner/MFP in my office all the time. This isn't the case with bigger A3 bizhubs.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.