Quote Originally Posted by SeanMN View Post
whats the humidity like? I have a hell of a time getting my seg 5s to run clean in the winter in Minnesota. April-Oct they run fine but as soon as winter hits and furnaces are running and we are at 10-20% humidity these machines just don't run well, 50-60k before developer is shot and toner is all over like in the pictures. Noticed at accounts with <20% humidity it is not as bad of a issue.
Humidity Range:
Recommended: 30% to 70 %RH
Possible: 15% to 80% RH (27 °C 80%, 32 °C 54%)
Many machine also specify non condensing. Regardless of the humidity, condensation in the drum and development unit and on the paper can be devastating.

I have found cold overnight temperatures to be more a problem than humidity. Have you considered the anti condensation heaters. The drum and tray heaters should already be installed and just need to be connected to the PSU. Look in your service manual.

I have also known techs with customers at high altitudes to place pans of water under or in back of the machines to add moisture to the air. High altitude plus low humidity can equal static and corona units arcing.