Thread: MP 4054

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MP 4054

Hey Guys need some help on this MP4054... First time working on this model... The top 1/4 of the print out is all faded out... If I do a copy count page...The black triangle is all faded... I thought maybe something in the Drum Unit at first...Put another known good unit in...Same problem.... Checked Laser unit protective glass...It was clean... Again...Not familiar with this model...Thought for sure Drum Unit... Maybe Transfer Roller Unit??? Any Ideas...We are starting to put these units out there so I need to get myself more familiarized with them...Any ideas would be soooo appreciated...!!!!! Thanks in advance!! Stay safe !!

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: MP 4054

Had one recently where the transfer roller was out of position resulting in nearly blank output on one side. There was an arm that supported the TS assembly that came loose due to a breakage of the plastic retaining fin. Was able to fabricobble a new retainer and fasten it in place. Sorry, no pics.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 4054

One other possibility would be a machine that is not level front to back.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP 4054

Quote Originally Posted by laser801 View Post
    Hey Guys need some help on this MP4054... First time working on this model... The top 1/4 of the print out is all faded out... If I do a copy count page...The black triangle is all faded... I thought maybe something in the Drum Unit at first...Put another known good unit in...Same problem.... Checked Laser unit protective glass...It was clean... Again...Not familiar with this model...Thought for sure Drum Unit... Maybe Transfer Roller Unit??? Any Ideas...We are starting to put these units out there so I need to get myself more familiarized with them...Any ideas would be soooo appreciated...!!!!! Thanks in advance!! Stay safe !!
    Iam not a fan in swapping over units best practice is checking pm life if overdue {replace oem}

Clean laser
    Check ptr assy
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com