Technician

MP 7502 j020 jam

I have a couple of these 7502's that get alot of j020 duplex transport jams. Nothing seems out of place, the rollers are clean and turn freely. I have replaced all the sensors in the duplexing unit. Anybody have problems with duplex jams with this model?

Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP 7502 j020 jam

Re: MP 7502 j020 jam

try to spy on the passage of the paper with the door open, it could be that the paper touches one of the side guides in the duplex. Wet paper? If I remember correctly once or twice I had also made a change on the actuator spring on previous models.

MP 7502 j020 jam

Try replacing the duplex flapper as well as the rubber damper that sticks to it, and replace the flapper solenoid with it as a set.

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Try replacing the duplex flapper as well as the rubber damper that sticks to it, and replace the flapper solenoid with it as a set.

Agree with this, very common on this model.

Technician

Check the duplex unit connector/s and the connectors in the device cavity for paper caught in them. I had this cause similar issues. cheers

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 7502 j020 jam

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Check the duplex unit connector/s and the connectors in the device cavity for paper caught in them. I had this cause similar issues. cheers
    It could be a very small scrap of paper that just barely covers on contact on the connector. I had that one time and the only I spotted in looking into the machine with the duplex removed was that it wasn't reflective metal like the rest of the contacts when I shined my flashlight on it.

Technician

Thanks for all the replies everyone, very much appreciated. Lots of good stuff there. I will check out the connector and the flapper and solenoid. Sounds like a good possibility.

One more thing i want to bring up, if i may. The customer also reported that a separate copier from this one, but same model, will randomly go to sleep in the middle of a job. I have not witnessed this in person, which makes it really difficult. Firmware is up to date. She says she has to constantly bring the machine out of energy save while shes printing her jobs. All of the sleep timer settings are set for 60 minutes, 30 minutes, depending on which timer.

I know theres not much there to go off of, just wanted to see if anybody had heard of anything like that.

MP 7502 j020 jam

Quote Originally Posted by RustySprocket View Post
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, very much appreciated. Lots of good stuff there. I will check out the connector and the flapper and solenoid. Sounds like a good possibility.

One more thing i want to bring up, if i may. The customer also reported that a separate copier from this one, but same model, will randomly go to sleep in the middle of a job. I have not witnessed this in person, which makes it really difficult. Firmware is up to date. She says she has to constantly bring the machine out of energy save while shes printing her jobs. All of the sleep timer settings are set for 60 minutes, 30 minutes, depending on which timer.

I know theres not much there to go off of, just wanted to see if anybody had heard of anything like that.
    it is not very clear however, check if it does the same defect even when it is in "ready" or if disconnected from the network.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 7502 j020 jam

Quote Originally Posted by RustySprocket View Post
    The customer also reported that a separate copier from this one, but same model, will randomly go to sleep in the middle of a job. I have not witnessed this in person, which makes it really difficult. Firmware is up to date. She says she has to constantly bring the machine out of energy save while shes printing her jobs. All of the sleep timer settings are set for 60 minutes, 30 minutes, depending on which timer.

Printing her jobs? Does that mean print jobs sent from a computer? If so, does it stop printing or just the display panel goes blank? If just the display, that is normal operation.

Technician

j020 is in dublex transport left side first sensor
    if you check any sensor and transports unit
    you can check soket on your machine