Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Ricoh Fanboy 1,000+ Posts Oze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba,QLD
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    47

    sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Hey all...
    I'm about ready to incinerate this machine and cut my losses.
    Typical issue where the customer decided that the flag on top of the waste toner bottle looked unsightly and binned it before fitting the new bottle.
    Waste auger backed up...pcdu all backed up....itb had ridden off to the rear etc etc.
    Replaced the waste auger assy,new bottle and pcdu,ITB assy,PTR assy.
    It started throwing the SC442 right from the start.
    Swapped in a used ITB assy and started throwing SC370-02.
    Removed the density sensor shutter(Slim's idea from a previous post) and now we're back to SC442.
    I've searched the forums and found threads very similar to mine but the O.P usually just says " it was a blocked PCDU".
    Well...I have half a dozen off contract 4503 and have been swapping bit in and out with no joy.
    Even got desperate and fitted a drive assy...so you KNOW how desperate things are.
    I've tried new IPU,IOB,power supply...lift motor...lift sensor you name it.
    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503


    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    942
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    I pulled these Ideas from another post...

    the Magenta toner motor also acts as the ITB lift motor. see page 7-95 of the Detailed Description.
    part # D1493280


    see video nugget Answer ID 258298


    my machine had the toner bottle cover misaligned such that the left locating pin of ITB was flush with ITB and not sticking out slightly(RH pin) was good
    but I also had to replace the coupling the goes thru the frame (couples to M toner motor to provide lift)


    Also, if I ran sp5804-150 ITB lift motor, the motor would grind and stall
    After realigning toner bottle cover, it was still slightly grinding.
    after replacing the coupling, the stalling and grinding was gone. I could even put my finger on ITB cam(front) and motor would slow down, but not stall(grind)
    parts for coupling:D1496310
    D1496312
    D1496309
    AW020224
    D1496311

  3. #3
    Ricoh Fanboy 1,000+ Posts Oze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba,QLD
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Thanks man...
    I checked the two locating pins but they look fine to me...not obstructed by the front toner cover and I've cheated the door and the belt turns freely.
    The fault is not so much grinding but that you can hear the lift motor cycle 4 times and then it throws the sc442.
    Last edited by Oze; 04-08-2020 at 12:56 AM.

  4. #4
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,336
    Rep Power
    270

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    That sounds to me like the sensor that detects that the lift position or its associated wiring is defective.

  5. #5
    Ricoh Fanboy 1,000+ Posts Oze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba,QLD
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That sounds to me like the sensor that detects that the lift position or its associated wiring is defective.
    I've swapped that AND the harness Slim.

  6. #6
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,336
    Rep Power
    270

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    I've swapped that AND the harness Slim.
    Harness on the main frame, or only the ITB assembly?

  7. #7
    Ricoh Fanboy 1,000+ Posts Oze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba,QLD
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Harness on the main frame, or only the ITB assembly?
    The mainframe...running from the sensor to the IOB.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    The mainframe...running from the sensor to the IOB.

    For me I would GUT this machine and swap out a equal used one..
    I have stopped looking to solve every "riddle" with service codes and such and if it
    gets to this point i would cut my losses..
    If customer caused this then let them cover the cost...
    Just mark any parts you remove so if 2 yrs down the road you
    know where such parts came from..

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Rockville, Maryland
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Hey all...
    I'm about ready to incinerate this machine and cut my losses.
    Typical issue where the customer decided that the flag on top of the waste toner bottle looked unsightly and binned it before fitting the new bottle.
    Waste auger backed up...pcdu all backed up....itb had ridden off to the rear etc etc.
    Replaced the waste auger assy,new bottle and pcdu,ITB assy,PTR assy.
    It started throwing the SC442 right from the start.
    Swapped in a used ITB assy and started throwing SC370-02.
    Removed the density sensor shutter(Slim's idea from a previous post) and now we're back to SC442.
    I've searched the forums and found threads very similar to mine but the O.P usually just says " it was a blocked PCDU".
    Well...I have half a dozen off contract 4503 and have been swapping bit in and out with no joy.
    Even got desperate and fitted a drive assy...so you KNOW how desperate things are.
    I've tried new IPU,IOB,power supply...lift motor...lift sensor you name it.
    Any ideas?
    Remove image transfer unit, and check for TM (ID) sensor connector missing. If it is missing, reconnect it. Check for dirt on the ID sensor detection window. If the detection window is dirty, clean by predetermined method (do not wipe dry). Check the condition of the ITB. If undulation or belt slippage has occurred, re-install or replace the ITB. If neither of the above have occurred, perform TM (ID) sensor replacement.
    Reset the Image transfer unit , Clean or replace the sensor, check the harness.

  10. #10
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,336
    Rep Power
    270

    Re: sc442/sc370-02 MPC4503

    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    The mainframe...running from the sensor to the IOB.
    So that would mean the IOB might need to be replaced. Then maybe the controller. Maybe fshead suggestion might end up costing you a lot less.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here