Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

My original call was for 681 codes, was getting both 08 and 14, cyan and yellow respectively. I replaced all four TCB's. Then machine displayed the SC670-01 at start up. I have since replaced (not necessarily in order because this machine has fried my brain) the BCU, IOB and Controller board. Somewhere in there I flashed firmware. Throughout this whole ordeal the LED sequence on the BCU has changed repeatedly, it has displayed a steady flashing, three flashes then pause for four seconds and two flashes then pause for four seconds. Sometimes changing different components, unplugging connectors or reseating the EEPROM will make that LED series change, sometimes it doesn't. I've looked through other posts about this problem and have tried all those "fixes" as well, still boots up to a SC670-01. Any new advice would be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

Quote Originally Posted by Tech09 View Post
    My original call was for 681 codes, was getting both 08 and 14, cyan and yellow respectively. I replaced all four TCB's. Then machine displayed the SC670-01 at start up. I have since replaced (not necessarily in order because this machine has fried my brain) the BCU, IOB and Controller board. Somewhere in there I flashed firmware. Throughout this whole ordeal the LED sequence on the BCU has changed repeatedly, it has displayed a steady flashing, three flashes then pause for four seconds and two flashes then pause for four seconds. Sometimes changing different components, unplugging connectors or reseating the EEPROM will make that LED series change, sometimes it doesn't. I've looked through other posts about this problem and have tried all those "fixes" as well, still boots up to a SC670-01. Any new advice would be greatly appreciated.

maybe control panel,also bad toner chips can give you weird crap so i pull them and turn on machine and ck if any change

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

SC670-01 is a mechanical problem detected at engine startup. One possibility could be a broken waste toner auger.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

I pulled all the toners and booted it up, also booted up with all the doors open and it still comes up with the code.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

When you replaced the two development units C and Y the code 681 - 08.14 disappeared? Try returning to the original code by putting the original boards back.

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    When you replaced the two development units C and Y the code 681 - 08.14 disappeared? Try returning to the original code by putting the original boards back.
    Nowhere did he say dev units were changed, TCB's were changed.
    Repeat procedure for replacing TCB's make sure no wires pinched, connectors missed.

Was it a new IOB or a used one from a donor machine?
    I had this on a recent machine after swapping the IOB with one from a donor.
    Went to a 3rd machine and used THAT IOB and it fixed my SC670-01.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

Interesting thread here that may offer a simple solution:
    Sc670 - mpc6003 / mpc5503 / mpc4503

Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Nowhere did he say dev units were changed, TCB's were changed.
    Repeat procedure for replacing TCB's make sure no wires pinched, connectors missed.
    you're right, I thought so as described in the service manual.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh C4503 SC670-01

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Was it a new IOB or a used one from a donor machine?
    I had this on a recent machine after swapping the IOB with one from a donor.
    Went to a 3rd machine and used THAT IOB and it fixed my SC670-01.
    It was a new one. Everything I have replaced so far has been new.