SP 3710dn printing a FP10 (perscription paper) on System 1 - second sheet is a blank

Can anybody help please?

Ricoh SP3710dn

Im trying to help a customer out over the phone as im self isolating.

The customer is a large hospice and use a system called System 1, every time the print out a perscription it always follows with a blank sheet.

what have I done

Logged onto the printer and config it for both PCL6 & Generic driver, change the tray one paper settings to 210 - 178 - the generic driver has a option to stop blank pages printing when the PCL6 drive does not have that.

is there anything else that im missing?

Im waiting to see if the person on site who is the only person that can log into it and was off today can interegate the System 1 software to see if there is a printer settings area that can be adj.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SP 3710dn printing a FP10 (perscription paper) on System 1 - second sheet is a blank

Re: SP 3710dn printing a FP10 (perscription paper) on System 1 - second sheet is a bl

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Can anybody help please?

Ricoh SP3710dn
    Im trying to help a customer out over the phone as im self isolating.
    The customer is a large hospice and use a system called System 1, every time the print out a perscription it always follows with a blank sheet.
    what have I done
    Logged onto the printer and config it for both PCL6 & Generic driver, change the tray one paper settings to 210 - 178 - the generic driver has a option to stop blank pages printing when the PCL6 drive does not have that.
    is there anything else that im missing?
    Im waiting to see if the person on site who is the only person that can log into it and was off today can interegate the System 1 software to see if there is a printer settings area that can be adj.
    Thanks in advance Dave
    1) system 1 is a proprietary application correct?
    Has it worked before?
    Have you contacted the publisher of said software?

are they using a WSD port for the printer? (big no no)

in the past Ricoh sometime didn't play well with generic drivers

my first thing would be to print our SP sheets and contact the software folks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: SP 3710dn printing a FP10 (perscription paper) on System 1 - second sheet is a bl

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

Thanks in advance

Dave
    There in could be your problem. Check also to see if the software is sending the paper size in inches instead of metric. Closest inch size would be 8.5 X 7 and if SEF 8.5 inches is slightly longer than 210mm.

Also in my experience, most HIS, Hospital Information System, computers play a lot nicer with PS3 than with PCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    1) system 1 is a proprietary application correct?
    Has it worked before?
    Have you contacted the publisher of said software?

are they using a WSD port for the printer? (big no no)

in the past Ricoh sometime didn't play well with generic drivers

my first thing would be to print our SP sheets and contact the software folks.
    Thanks Phil

Yes System 1 is the standard for Chemists in the UK I believe and as its a Hospice they need to generate perscriptions

I would agree on the generic driver.

let see what we can do tomorrow
    Thanks again Phil

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There in could be your problem. Check also to see if the software is sending the paper size in inches instead of metric. Closest inch size would be 8.5 X 7 and if SEF 8.5 inches is slightly longer than 210mm.

Also in my experience, most HIS, Hospital Information System, computers play a lot nicer with PS3 than with PCL.
    Hi Slimslob

that may be my next thing to do - play about with paper sizes.
    The strange thing is the Develop printers there worked ok with a default A4 paper size? possibly a blank page detection in the driver.

very frustrating when you cannot be there and only rely on what the customer feeds back

Many thanks Slimslob

Dave

UPDATE

Looks like the Customer is happy with the printer now only printing off 1 FP10 ( medical perscription paper )

combination of

Customising the paper size on the printer
    Customising the printer system setting for a Generic driver and not a PCL6 driver ( thats proberbly the main fix )
    System 1 was adj as well ( I will ask what thay did next time im there after the lockdown )

Many thanks all

Dave