Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP C3001 trnafer case jams opening door

Have a Ricoh MP C3001 that I just updated it with the Ricoh KIT-C3001 TRC Transfer Roller Case Kit. Installed it with no problem closed the right side door and ran copies just fine. Then when trying to open the right side door again, for some reason the transfer case assembly is jammed and only allows the door to open a very small amount and not fully open. Couldn't tell what was holding it from opening all the way, so tugged on it more and finally got it open, but snapped off on the left side or operator side of the machine the black front guide positioning part mounted inside the frame of the machine and the gray stopper-holder separation upper part on the transfer roller unit. For some reason the PTR gets jammed up I'm guessing behind the front guide some how. Can't see why? Can't see anyway to adjust the transfer case assembly to prevent it from getting jammed once the door is closed. Anybody ever encounter this? If so recommendations for a fix?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C3001 trnafer case jams opening door

The only time I have seen that was when a junior tech ordered individual parts instead of the entire kit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The only time I have seen that was when a junior tech ordered individual parts instead of the entire kit.
    What's that suppose to mean? Explain. I've replaced several of these before without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Have a Ricoh MP C3001 that I just updated it with the Ricoh KIT-C3001 TRC Transfer Roller Case Kit. Installed it with no problem closed the right side door and ran copies just fine. Then when trying to open the right side door again, for some reason the transfer case assembly is jammed and only allows the door to open a very small amount and not fully open. Couldn't tell what was holding it from opening all the way, so tugged on it more and finally got it open, but snapped off on the left side or operator side of the machine the black front guide positioning part mounted inside the frame of the machine and the gray stopper-holder separation upper part on the transfer roller unit. For some reason the PTR gets jammed up I'm guessing behind the front guide some how. Can't see why? Can't see anyway to adjust the transfer case assembly to prevent it from getting jammed once the door is closed. Anybody ever encounter this? If so recommendations for a fix?
    THAT'S because when you initially diagnosed the fault you missed the machine side front and rear guides that guide the transfer roller into it's proper position.
    When they break the transfer roller slips OVER the guides and stops you from opening the door fully.
    If you yank it open you break the little grey transfer clip.
    positioning guides.JPG

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

[QUOTE=Oze;1466192]THAT'S because when you initially diagnosed the fault you missed the machine side front and rear guides that guide the transfer roller into it's proper position.
    When they break the transfer roller slips OVER the guides and stops you from opening the door fully.

I understand that's what happened, that the transfer roller slipped behind the guide, but how? Everything was fine after the kit was installed cause I closed the door and everything ran just fine. The front and rear guides where fine. When I went to open the door is when it was jammed and when yanked to open it all the way is when both the gray transfer clip and the front guide snapped off. Why and how is it getting jammed behind the front guide is my question??? Is there something to adjust to keep it from getting behind the front guide? Is it somehow moving side to side and getting behind the guide as that piece rides up on the guide somehow not long enough and slipping off the guide on its way up and getting behind that way? I don't see anyway to adjust anything for it all seems to fixed.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    THAT'S because when you initially diagnosed the fault you missed the machine side front and rear guides that guide the transfer roller into it's proper position.
    positioning guides.JPG
    I understand that's what happened, that the transfer roller slipped behind the guide, but how? Everything was fine after the kit was installed cause I closed the door and everything ran just fine. The front and rear guides where fine. When I went to open the door is when it was jammed and when yanked to open it all the way is when both the gray transfer clip and the front guide snapped off. Why and how is it getting jammed behind the front guide is my question??? Is there something to adjust to keep it from getting behind the front guide? Is it somehow moving side to side and getting behind the guide as that piece rides up on the guide somehow not long enough and slipping off the guide on its way up and getting behind that way? I don't see anyway to adjust anything for it all seems to fixed.
    If you understood what Oze was telling you had happened you would have ordered the parts Oze circled on the parts explosion he attached to his reply. Your lack of understanding explains your Red card. Keep insulting true senior techs and you will continue to collect them.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What's that suppose to mean? Explain. I've replaced several of these before without a problem.
    You asked "Anybody ever encounter this?" I answered. Take a chill pill and call your shrink in the morning.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You asked "Anybody ever encounter this?" I answered. Take a chill pill and call your shrink in the morning.
    No reason for you to be sarcastic about it. I did already order those parts which you pointed out. Apparently you have no understanding of the question
    nor have an answer, so thanks anyways for your help.

The guide will APPEAR to look complete but there is a tiny lip at the very top that snaps off.
    This acts as a stopper to stop the roller slipping too far.
    When you change them compare the new to the old parts and you'll see exactly what I mean.
    Also...you MAY have fitted replacement transfer cases before and not struck this issue but in my experience this happens when the transfer case breaks and the idiot customers slam the living shit outta the door trying to close it.
    That's when the positioning guides break.
    When only ONE of the guides are broken as a temporary measure just remove the broken guide til you can return with the part,
    That will allow the door to open and close smoothly til you can get back.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    The guide will APPEAR to look complete but there is a tiny lip at the very top that snaps off.
    This acts as a stopper to stop the roller slipping too far.
    When you change them compare the new to the old parts and you'll see exactly what I mean.
    Also...you MAY have fitted replacement transfer cases before and not struck this issue but in my experience this happens when the transfer case breaks and the idiot customers slam the living shit outta the door trying to close it.
    That's when the positioning guides break.
    When only ONE of the guides are broken as a temporary measure just remove the broken guide til you can return with the part,
    That will allow the door to open and close smoothly til you can get back.
    Thanks for your explanation, I understand what you are referring to, but it appears that the lip is still there on the broken guide. In my case the guide snapped off about 1/2" to 3/4" down from the top of the lip. I don't think I slammed the door when closing it, but maybe I did close it to hard causing it to jump behind the guide. Once I get the new guide I will compare it to the new one, but don't think I'll see a difference there. So I take it then the general consensus is that there really is no adjustment for any of the transfer roller, the transfer case or the guide other then their fixed positions. Again thanks for your suggestions.