Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ricoh MP C3001 trnafer case jams opening door

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Thanks for your explanation, I understand what you are referring to, but it appears that the lip is still there on the broken guide. In my case the guide snapped off about 1/2" to 3/4" down from the top of the lip. I don't think I slammed the door when closing it, but maybe I did close it to hard causing it to jump behind the guide. Once I get the new guide I will compare it to the new one, but don't think I'll see a difference there. So I take it then the general consensus is that there really is no adjustment for any of the transfer roller, the transfer case or the guide other then their fixed positions. Again thanks for your suggestions.
    No real adjustments as such no.
    The transfer case flexes forward on those two springs and they then compress once the door is closed and that's it.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3001 trnafer case jams opening door

Have a Ricoh MP C3001 that I just updated it with the Ricoh KIT-C3001 TRC Transfer Roller Case Kit. Installed it with no problem closed the right side door and ran copies just fine. Then when trying to open the right side door again, for some reason the transfer case assembly is jammed and only allows the door to open a very small amount and not fully open. Couldn't tell what was holding it from opening all the way, so tugged on it more and finally got it open, but snapped off on the left side or operator side of the machine the black front guide positioning part mounted inside the frame of the machine and the gray stopper-holder separation upper part on the transfer roller unit. For some reason the PTR gets jammed up I'm guessing behind the front guide some how. Can't see why? Can't see anyway to adjust the transfer case assembly to prevent it from getting jammed once the door is closed. Anybody ever encounter this? If so recommendations for a fix?
    All the answers you have been given are correct you must install all parts in kit and front and rear guides if been damaged also was it a oem kit or cheap made in China kit from the Internet if China kit they are rubbish must be oem also make sure you have reinstalled ptr assy correctly. Goo luck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    All the answers you have been given are correct you must install all parts in kit and front and rear guides if been damaged also was it a oem kit or cheap made in China kit from the Internet if China kit they are rubbish must be oem also make sure you have reinstalled ptr assy correctly. Goo luck
    Thanks for the comments, but of course they are all OEM parts directly bought from Ricoh and yes the PTR. was installed correctly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have encountered this many times. I always replace front and rear guides on the frame as well as I replace the transfer assembly, it isn't that expensive and has all the updated parts (D0894551). The assembly does not come with the little plastic roller clip so I carry those as well. All 4 parts are in my car stock (front and rear frame guide, transfer assembly and roller clip) fortunately I don't have many of these left and most of mine have been updated but occasionally I run into one in another techs territory.. Also look carefully at the belt itself and make sure it isn't damaged from all the issues. I have had to replace the belt after a repair too.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. Went back with a new guide and transfer roller and installed both and worked just fine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. Went back with a new guide and transfer roller and installed both and worked just fine.
    "Thanks for this post" and "like this post"
    are at the bottom of each reply.
    You might use it.
    And relax man.