Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Gestetner 2722ztd

hello all technician friends ..l have problems in Gestetner 2722ztd ...so if l started this machine and l chosen feed paper 1 no chance and the icon of verified paper format light on (check paper size. copying is not possible choose the appropriate paper format (in multicopy mode) choose the paper direction in the width direction.. ) pls help how can reinitialized this machine .....
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Re: Gestetner 2722ztd

As near as I can determine from the z in the model is what you have is an ancient analog copier. If that is the case it isn't even any good as a boat anchor.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    As near as I can determine from the z in the model is what you have is an ancient analog copier. If that is the case it isn't even any good as a boat anchor.
    +1 on this

to my avie this forum to collaborate between us to solve all our problems. either these machines are new or old .. the principle has helped. did not have this marked in the technical colleague. please be respect.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Zaza, nobody here disrespected you. It's just inevitably that analog machines will disintegrate slowly.
    Anyway googled this to cross Ricoh ft4822. You can find some good information here. Link:
    Ricoh FT4822 Manuals
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    to my avie this forum to collaborate between us to solve all our problems. either these machines are new or old .. the principle has helped. did not have this marked in the technical colleague. please be respect.
    This model is over 20 years old and I doubt if you can find any tech that has worked on one in over 15 years. Ricoh has discontinued technical and parts support over 15 years ago. I doubt if you will be able to find parts, Precision Roller doesn't have any listing for that model. You might be able to get toner but it will be from an after market supplier and it most likely won't be fresh, manufactured within the last 5 years. A search fro a service came up with 2 locations that my protection software marked as being infected with malware. Two others had manuals but not for that specific model. One wanted $19.99 and the other wanted $13.99.

Do you still question why we don't help with dinosaurs other than to recommend you run away from it as fast as you can and buy something newer, maybe made within the last 15 years, better yet the last 10.
    Last edited by slimslob; 05-14-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    hello all technician friends ..l have problems in Gestetner 2722ztd ...so if l started this machine and l chosen feed paper 1 no chance and the icon of verified paper format light on (check paper size. copying is not possible choose the appropriate paper format (in multicopy mode) choose the paper direction in the width direction.. ) pls help how can reinitialized this machine .....
    Old memories...
    You don't have to reinitialize the machine, try to solve the problem first. Change the paper size by moving the paper size slider to the bottom of the drawer and see if it recognizes it. Then you need to clean the photosensors under the scanner glass.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Zaza, nobody here disrespected you. It's just inevitably that analog machines will disintegrate slowly.
    Anyway googled this to cross Ricoh ft4822. You can find some good information here. Link:
    Ricoh FT4822 Manuals

thank you very much my friend and believed me here we live still the time useful this model..so as l am technician l should be repaired this machine or others ...it's my special work ..but if my costumer use this older machine it is not my responsibility ...and my responsibility to repaired there ..thank you advance .

This model is over 20 years old and I doubt if you can find any tech that has worked on one in over 15 years. Ricoh has discontinued technical and parts support over 15 years ago. I doubt if you will be able to find parts, Precision Roller doesn't have any listing for that model. You might be able to get toner but it will be from an after market supplier and it most likely won't be fresh, manufactured within the last 5 years. A search fro a service came up with 2 locations that my protection software marked as being infected with malware. Two others had manuals but not for that specific model. One wanted $19.99 and the other wanted $13.99.

Do you still question why we don't help with dinosaurs other than to recommend you run away from it as fast as you can and buy something newer, maybe made within the last 15 years, better yet the last 10.

it is not my fault .. that a client uses this old model that a dinosaurs himself .. so I do my job to help ... thank you my technician friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Old memories...
    You don't have to reinitialize the machine, try to solve the problem first. Change the paper size by moving the paper size slider to the bottom of the drawer and see if it recognizes it. Then you need to clean the photosensors under the scanner glass.
    although I have cleaned this photosensor well but still this problems