Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Re: Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    although I have cleaned this photosensor well but still this problems
    May be place a thread in service manuals see if you can get and test sensors correctly
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Zaza, nobody here disrespected you. It's just inevitably that analog machines will disintegrate slowly.
    Anyway googled this to cross Ricoh ft4822. You can find some good information here. Link:
    Ricoh FT4822 Manuals

+1 download manual
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Zaza is somehow famous person here
    On a plus side he started by greetings and I fully understand in some countries techs have to work literally with bare hands on anything that one can imagine. I would like help him fo the best i can unfortunately can't. That's why googled a bit for him.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

try with a contact cleaner spray it on the switches where it touches the paper size slider.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    try with a contact cleaner spray it on the switches where it touches the paper size slider.
    What Ricoh recommends is a camera lens brush with air bulb or a soft lint free cotton cloth moistened with water only. Synthetics can create a static charge. Cleaners of any type can either leave a film or in the case of solvents like contact cleaner can etch the surface of the sensor rendering the sensor useless.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    What Ricoh recommends is a camera lens brush with air bulb or a soft lint free cotton cloth moistened with water only. Synthetics can create a static charge. Cleaners of any type can either leave a film or in the case of solvents like contact cleaner can etch the surface of the sensor rendering the sensor useless.
    AMEN TO THAT!

i lost count on the numbers of sensors I've had to go behind some different tech and replace because they used a " cleaner " and gummed up the optics of the sensor.

I've also gone behind guys because they used WD-40 on brass bushings in machines. TriFlow is my go to.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gestetner 2722ztd

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Slim is true, but I meant on those mechanical swicths with copper blades inside placed on the back of the paper drawers and that it is difficult to disassemble to clean them internally from the oxide.

Technician

hello all technician friends ..l have problems in Gestetner 2722ztd ...so if l started this machine and l chosen feed paper 1 no chance and the icon of verified paper format light on (check paper size. copying is not possible choose the appropriate paper format (in multicopy mode) choose the paper direction in the width direction.. ) pls help how can reinitialized this machine .....
    Hi, Sound how operation problem ( original size detection ) or Large Capacity Tray paper size incompatible . The following SPs maybe help you

5-905 APS A4/LT Sideways Priority ( "1" for A4, "0" for Letter )
    SP5-019-006 Paper Size Selection for LCT Unit ( A4 or Letter )

Good memories from phoenix series ( FT4522-4527-5535-4822-5832-5840, etc ) last mid range analog b&w copiers , they came with charge rollers and transfer Belts, a novelty back then. I still have service manuals , let me know if you need these .
    FT4822.pdf