Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOP Programming

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SOP Programming

SOP Programming

Hey all,
    Not surprisingly, I'm finding myself with a lot of downtime these days, so as an Indy, I've been spending some of it by taking apart machines to educate myself on some models that I don't have much Technical experience with in order to get more familiar with them, and also playing around with the SOP's for the same reason.
    I've got what hopefully isn't a really silly question, but I just can't seem to figure it out:
    I've attached a picture of the screen, and I'm wondering how to program Apps in the (blank) boxes in the top left corner?
    I came across a machine at one of my wholesalers recently that had them programmed for "Copier, Fax, and Scanner" so they act as sort of quick access options from within any screen, which seems pretty convenient.

Any advice on how to do that?
    Thanks!
    SOP screen.jpg

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SOP Programming

Re: SOP Programming

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Hey all,
    Not surprisingly, I'm finding myself with a lot of downtime these days, so as an Indy, I've been spending some of it by taking apart machines to educate myself on some models that I don't have much Technical experience with in order to get more familiar with them, and also playing around with the SOP's for the same reason.
    I've got what hopefully isn't a really silly question, but I just can't seem to figure it out:
    I've attached a picture of the screen, and I'm wondering how to program Apps in the (blank) boxes in the top left corner?
    I came across a machine at one of my wholesalers recently that had them programmed for "Copier, Fax, and Scanner" so they act as sort of quick access options from within any screen, which seems pretty convenient.

Any advice on how to do that?
    Thanks!
    SOP screen.jpg
    Just hold and drag like a tablet
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

SOP Programming

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Just hold and drag like a tablet
    Thanks, but been there, tried that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You can find all the pre-loaded apps by selecting an icon, that looks like a waffle, somewhere on the right side of the SOP. Then, just drag and drop.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SOP Programming

Thanks, but been there, tried that.
    Sorry I know where you mean now 3 empty boxes I check
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

SOP Programming

Quote Originally Posted by Notrons View Post
    You can find all the pre-loaded apps by selecting an icon, that looks like a waffle, somewhere on the right side of the SOP. Then, just drag and drop.
    Again, it's the blank buttons in the very top left of the screen (see picture) that I'm trying to assign.
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm well aware of how to move the apps and widgets around the screens
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 05-19-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Only time I have ever seen those shortcuts is when a Java app (Streamline NX, Auto store, etc) has been loaded. Evidently those icons are part of the programming of those applications and not a native function...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    SOP Programming

Look for a little box on the right side of home screen that has 12 dots in it. Select it after the home screen is done loading (it takes a minute). Those are the apps available. Those "classic apps" should be included.You might want to scroll right to the widgets, too.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

SOP Programming

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Only time I have ever seen those shortcuts is when a Java app (Streamline NX, Auto store, etc) has been loaded. Evidently those icons are part of the programming of those applications and not a native function...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Ahhh....That makes sense. I think I have my answer.
    Thanks for that!
    Too bad that's the case. Like I said, It's a pretty convenient way to quickly access a function from any screen

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Again, it's the blank buttons in the very top left of the screen (see picture) that I'm trying to assign.
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm well aware of how to move the apps and widgets around the screens
    Ohhhhh......sorry, your talking about the function buttons on the top left. I believe they can be set up from the screen features settings..screen device settings...function key settings.