Technician

Ricoh C4503 with Smart Screen default

Hi People!!! I have a Ricoh c4503 with the newer smart screen device interface control panel. My customer wants to buy the machine, but they want the default screen to be like the older style. What I'd like to do is set it up so the Quick Copy, Quick Scan, etc screen isn't there and setup the next screen that get when you scroll(touchscreen) over to the right as the default screen. I've gone through all the system settings and even the screen settings. I can't seem to find anyway to setup the default screen to start with the copier screen. I went into the service mode to see if there was anyway of changing the default screen but couldn't. I've looked in the service manual but the instructions are not that clear, or I'm a idiot! Anyone who knows anything about the procedure would be very helpful and appreciated.
    Thanks!!!!
    Kevin

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh C4503 with Smart Screen default

Just drag the icons you don't want off the home screen, then install the classic apps onto home screen.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did you check “screen device settings”? I think you can set the default (priority) screen in there.
    This must be the Generation 1 SOP for the Cxx03 model? Not as familiar with those, but should be about the same.
    Icons can be deleted by pressing and holding the icon and dragging to upper left corner of screen to the trash bin.
    Omertà

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Did you check “screen device settings”? I think you can set the default (priority) screen in there.
    This must be the Generation 1 SOP for the Cxx03 model? Not as familiar with those, but should be about the same.
    Icons can be deleted by pressing and holding the icon and dragging to upper left corner of screen to the trash bin.
    Agreed. I've only used the gen 2 screens, and am still learning stuff too (as indicated by a post I made earlier today) but I imagine that it's the same to set.
    User tools / screen features/ screen device settings/ function priority / copier (classic).

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Just drag the icons you don't want off the home screen, then install the classic apps onto home screen.
    Standard procedure when setting up a new machine for a customer that already had at least 1 Ricoh. No point in their having to learn the "quick" functions when they already knew the classics.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Same with my customers changing to the new devices: no one wants the new apps, they all prefer the classic apps.
    The worst case indeed is when a f....ng salesman sells a HP-device to a former RICOH-customer: 1-2 days after bringing the device to the customer the shit really hits the fan..........
    Greetings...