Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Ricoh MP C3003 iding noise

...also, as soon as you hear it - push the right-hand door and see if it goes!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thurmmy View Post
    I have a MP C3003 that was a lease return, at the new customers office during idling, or rather throughout the day, periodically the copier will cycle through making a very audible ticking noise mainly from the right side. I thought that the problem was the fuser, I replaced it but still the same. Has anyone encountered these symptoms?

there, ours 3003, did all that ticking .. LOL, you have a few customers here who ask me, I say that it is the noise of the thermal expansion of some internal structures, instead it is the bearing ball-pressure roller copling.
    if you want to try it with "sp output check" remove the waste toner bottle, so the heater does not activate, if not cremate the sleeve
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3003 iding noise

I have not been able to return there to follow up yet, but that is a new fuser from Hytec in it and I am confident of it. I still need to do the output checks on it. But still, right after I put the fuser in it seemed quiet while I was there. It was a couple days after that the customer called me back and said the noise is still there. So I suppose it could be the fuser yet. I have the original fuser here and can dig into it. Thanks

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

I have a MP C3003 that was a lease return, at the new customers office during idling, or rather throughout the day, periodically the copier will cycle through making a very audible ticking noise mainly from the right side. I thought that the problem was the fuser, I replaced it but still the same. Has anyone encountered these symptoms?
    If in standby I think the 03's have a silent mode in user tools {think}
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have not been able to return there to follow up yet, but that is a new fuser from Hytec in it and I am confident of it. I still need to do the output checks on it. But still, right after I put the fuser in it seemed quiet while I was there. It was a couple days after that the customer called me back and said the noise is still there. So I suppose it could be the fuser yet. I have the original fuser here and can dig into it. Thanks
    If it's a rebuild there is a chance they didn't put quite enough lube on the pressure roller bearings. I would pull apart and inspect, lube the bearings if they are dry and the gears too. I slather lube (I use Krytox) all over the gears, keeps them from eating themselves over time. Also you can go into service mode and cut down the idle rotation time and frequency (can't remember exact the SP Mode). Mostly it's a non issue unless someone sits beside the machine and hears it all day long...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

I doubt Hytec sold you a new unit...
    They are/were basically board repair for as long as i can remember..
    And they are not cheap at all.
    Either they are rebuilding in house or buying chinese knock offs..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I doubt Hytec sold you a new unit...
    They are/were basically board repair for as long as i can remember..
    And they are not cheap at all.
    Either they are rebuilding in house or buying chinese knock offs..
    Hytec is excellent for board repair, they even update board firmware that is not upgrade-able in the field. They typically charge half the price Ricoh will charge for a new board. Well worth the savings.

Mechanical units are another story, they take worn out units and refurb them, they are not as good as new. We have learned from experience that if we really need to buy an assy, we buy new from Ricoh.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Hytec is excellent for board repair, they even update board firmware that is not upgrade-able in the field. They typically charge half the price Ricoh will charge for a new board. Well worth the savings.

Mechanical units are another story, they take worn out units and refurb them, they are not as good as new. We have learned from experience that if we really need to buy an assy, we buy new from Ricoh.
    I concur. Their board repair is excellent and their tech support hotline is good as well. Very professional and they know board problems.. As for assemblies, if it is beyond rebuilding myself I just order a new one. Doesn't happen often but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and replace. Have had some of the smaller B&W plastic Fuser frames get warped and cracked, when that happens, game over....

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Have had some of the smaller B&W plastic Fuser frames get warped and cracked, when that happens, game over....

Have had to replace a few fusing unit lower frames. Not too bad as long as you remember that damned little toggle arm for the door interlock.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

During idle I have heard the sound of a motor running with a tick. Somewhat like a motor spinning to its max position and then resetting itself. Never gave me a CQ or code issue. I saw this last week about the last engine firmware upgrade and thought maybe this was the cause of the noise. No other info is given on the read me. Did not have a chance to confirm yet..

Engine firmware 1.40:08

The skew motor is forcibly turned off if it remains continuously on for a certain amount of time.