Thread: mpc2003 sc144

mpc2003 sc144

i got 1 unit ricoh mpc2003 got sc144 scanner not move at all after machine on. changed lamp c/w ffc,motor,sbu,ipu, bcu,io board ,ffc from ipu to bcu n bcu to io board, power supply board but still cnt fix it. tested sbu got input 24v dc. check also cable wat ever can see didnt see any broken .
    any more i can do? printing can be done. copy n scan cnt .

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc2003 sc144

Re: mpc2003 sc144

If you have replaced the SBU, IPU and BCU that leaves the harness. Breaks in individual leads usually are not visible as they are inside the the insulation. When the trouble shooting section of the service says to replace a harness they mean exactly that, not visually inspect it.

As for the SBU, you are aware that it is the board soldered to the back of the lens. To replace it, you have to replace the entire lens block assembly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mpc2003 sc144

Quote Originally Posted by Eeric View Post
    i got 1 unit ricoh mpc2003 got sc144 scanner not move at all after machine on. changed lamp c/w ffc,motor,sbu,ipu, bcu,io board ,ffc from ipu to bcu n bcu to io board, power supply board but still cnt fix it. tested sbu got input 24v dc. check also cable wat ever can see didnt see any broken .
    any more i can do? printing can be done. copy n scan cnt .
    I would just like to suggest you take a test with the detached ARDF, once it happened to me that he blew up the bcu because it was short-circuited

thx all ,settle ad. i confuse sbu n sio, b4 tis wat i change is sio.at last i change sbu then problem settle.

Technician

i also have this problem on a mpc3004ex. ipu / bcu and cable to the scanner changed...no success. must now the oru (scannerunit complete) be replaced or is there another solution?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Try the scanner carriage assembly.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

update from me.....it was the psu (not sure if ac or dc board) both changed. the guide in the service manual is for the garbage