Thread: Outgoing faxes

Technician

Outgoing faxes

Hello!!
    I have ricoh mpc 3003!! It is possible the outgoings faxes to be store in share folder on my pc??

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Outgoing faxes

Re: Outgoing faxes

YES. Just setup fax forwarding to folder in User Tools. Or fax forwarding to email.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    YES. Just setup fax forwarding to folder in User Tools. Or fax forwarding to email.
    i know my friend.but.fax forwarfing is only for the recieve faxes...correct?
    Is not for outgoing faxes

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Outgoing faxes

Quote Originally Posted by Johnysg11988 View Post
    i know my friend.but.fax forwarfing is only for the recieve faxes...correct?
    Is not for outgoing faxes
    As far as I know, you are correct, and and no, it is not possible to store an outgoing fax to a shared folder, but having said that, why not just scan to the folder before or after sending the fax?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    As far as I know, you are correct, and and no, it is not possible to store an outgoing fax to a shared folder, but having said that, why not just scan to the folder before or after sending the fax?
    Sure..is only solution..othes copiers companies have this feature..why not ricoh??

Thank's my friend

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Outgoing faxes

Quote Originally Posted by Johnysg11988 View Post
    Sure..is only solution..othes copiers companies have this feature..why not ricoh??
    I'm not sure, but I've been at this for over 20 years and never been asked if this was possible, so ask them.
    Don't hate the player.... hate the game

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Do you have a compelling reason to keep copies of the outbound faxes, or is it just a “nice to have”?

If it is for a justifiable reason, you may want to look at a small fax server. Not only would it be far more secure, but it would easily maintain the backup copies.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Outgoing faxes

Actually all Ricoh MFP do store outgoing faxes until the machine either automatically deletes them or you do so manually. Have you ever noticed the % number on the upper right hand corner of the screen? The problem is that there is a limited amount of disk space/memory reserved for doing so and it is shared with the scan function. Once the unused % drops to 0, you can neither send or receive.

There is also LAN Fax. If what you want to fax is already a document on your computer why waste paper and toner printing in order to fax it. Just use LAN fax as the printer. There is software available that will even allow you to electronically sign your documents. Some use a stylus and touch pad and others use your normal screen and a light pen.

Are you aware that Fax is on its way out. I used to work on the MFPs, telephones and computers for a local bankruptcy lawyer. Bankruptcy courts have not accepted faxed documents for years. They require electronic, email, submission of everything. Everything has to be scanned at 300 dpi or it will be rejected. Most bankruptcy software have built scanning utilities that work with both TWAIN and WIA drivers.