Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

imc3000 grayscale printing

Hoi,
    With scanning in autom. color mode and 300Dpi, it will not show gray zones at all.
    With 400 Dpi it is slightly better...
    But it is ok when putting it on grayscale and B&W, 300Dpi.

Do you know a way for color mode and 300Dpi, to achive a good scan?
    This would be nice because customer would like to have only one button to press (easy)...
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    imc3000 grayscale printing

Re: imc3000 grayscale printing

If I'm understanding you correctly, and I think that I am, you're asking if there's a scan setting that is PERFECT for any type of original that a client may ever want to scan?
    If there was, then it would seem to me that the option to change the settings would be redundant, because, after-all, the default setting would be PERFECT!
    Think about that for a minute......
    Answer= No

How about using the program function for some of their common types of originals? After-all. that's what it's for.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

OK, I need to be more clear.
    The previous machine at this office was a mpc2800, and it did this scanning job perfectly.
    So, i was wondering why - with a more recent machine - it would be that the gray is not visual anymore, unless you change setting (what is the issue).
    I don't think this is an improvement at all, but I need to defend this new machine (with less capabilitys than his old one) at the customer!
    I can not say that he has made a bad choise, can I?
    So, perhaps there is a way in between... a setting which help me and my customer out here...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

It may seem like a no-brainer, but have you tried different tests with the options the device offers?
    From what I understand from your case, it is that when you "scan", the grays are not represented the same, compared to another model, which is older. I advise you to check that the optics are clean, as you do not indicate whether the model is new or relocated.
    From one generation to the next there are variations in different aspects, including lamp type, lens type, and obviously toner composition and developer. I suffered from changes in tones from one machine to another, using the same file, from an artistic cartoonist.
    As a tip, in these cases, you would look for settings within the scan parameters to adapt for each client and pre-define them, as default settings. And not so much the resolution, according to RICOH the recommended basic is 200dpi.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.