Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Smile Re: More Detailed Lines/streaks problem

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    One other thing to check. measure the distance between the lines on the prints. Then see if it matches the circumference of the charge roller. If it does,cleaning the roller might correct it.
    The distance between lines is almost exactly 2 inches. I haven't cracked the machine yet but from my last time, I think the charge roller is about 3/8 diameter making the circumference about 1 inch. The drum is about 2 in.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    More Detailed Lines/streaks problem

Re: More Detailed Lines/streaks problem

Quote Originally Posted by owelesstax View Post
    The distance between lines is almost exactly 2 inches. I haven't cracked the machine yet but from my last time, I think the charge roller is about 3/8 diameter making the circumference about 1 inch. The drum is about 2 in.
    Then read what UNICORNico and mikadonovan posted.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Basic copy quality problem check pm life replace with only oem parts not cheap China parts they don't work
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Late to the party on this one. Those almost look like dirty marks from guide ribs. Because heavy stock is being used on this, it may be hitting the fuser differently (or another part of the paper path). What happens if you print that exact page using just regular paper? To me, I believe I can see lines not only on the left side, but in the middle and towards the right. They are not as dark, but they seem to be there. Also, the lines appear to end below the solid color on the right side to me. They don't end even with the bottom.

Perhaps you can start printing that on card stock and open the machine up while it is doing it so you can see the image before it gets to the fuser and/or while it is still on the belt. If the lines are on the transfer belt, then you have a image generation issue. Basically you need to figure out where in the machine the lines are generated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    Late to the party on this one. Those almost look like dirty marks from guide ribs. Because heavy stock is being used on this, it may be hitting the fuser differently (or another part of the paper path). What happens if you print that exact page using just regular paper? To me, I believe I can see lines not only on the left side, but in the middle and towards the right. They are not as dark, but they seem to be there. Also, the lines appear to end below the solid color on the right side to me. They don't end even with the bottom.

Perhaps you can start printing that on card stock and open the machine up while it is doing it so you can see the image before it gets to the fuser and/or while it is still on the belt. If the lines are on the transfer belt, then you have a image generation issue. Basically you need to figure out where in the machine the lines are generated.
    One problem with that. If the lines were from the guide ribs they would be parallel to the direction paper travel, not parallel to axis of the drum.(post #4 of this thread) When you are late to the party you need to read carefully all posts in the thread.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

One problem with that. If the lines were from the guide ribs they would be parallel to the direction paper travel, not parallel to axis of the drum.(post #4 of this thread) When you are late to the party you need to read carefully all posts in the thread.
    I did read all the posts and reread them as well just to try to make sure I understood what was going on. I saw him post the paper was going through long edge feed, so that sets up the scenario I mentioned. If the paper is going through short edge feed, then that is most likely some sort of repeating issue from some sort of roller since it is at a certain distance from each other and I didn't get that being the case.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    I did read all the posts and reread them as well just to try to make sure I understood what was going on. I saw him post the paper was going through long edge feed, so that sets up the scenario I mentioned. If the paper is going through short edge feed, then that is most likely some sort of repeating issue from some sort of roller since it is at a certain distance from each other and I didn't get that being the case.
    From post #4, "the lines are parallel to axis of the drum." The axis of the drum is perpendicular to the direction of paper travel. Worn guide ribs would make lines parallel to the direction on paper travel. If you look closely at the picture in his original post you will notice that it is to LETTER size sheets, not one DOUBLE LETTER. That also puts the lines perpendicular to the direction of paper travel.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

From post #4, "the lines are parallel to axis of the drum." The axis of the drum is perpendicular to the direction of paper travel. Worn guide ribs would make lines parallel to the direction on paper travel. If you look closely at the picture in his original post you will notice that it is to LETTER size sheets, not one DOUBLE LETTER. That also puts the lines perpendicular to the direction of paper travel.
    Ok, got it finally.

BTW, I am guessing you meant to say it is two LETTER size sheets...