Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh IS330DC Scanner - anyone have a customer still using this 11" x 17" SCSI model?

Ricoh IS330DC Scanner - anyone have a customer still using this 11" x 17" SCSI model?

I have one of these but it has not been fired up in a few years and not sure if it will even work.

And don't want to take up the time unless I can sell it.

Requires a SCSI interface in the PC also. I am familiar with scanners and maybe this is still a good desk-top scanner that is heavy duty?

Weighs a ton!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh IS330DC Scanner - anyone have a customer still using this 11" x 17" SCSI mo

Good luck finding a PC that has that interface, haven't seen one of those in years. Still, you might have some luck selling that thing on ebay. There are plenty of old PC buffs out there that might get a kick out of getting that old scanner to work.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh IS330DC Scanner - anyone have a customer still using this 11" x 17" SCSI mo

Quote Originally Posted by Notrons View Post
    Good luck finding a PC that has that interface, haven't seen one of those in years. Still, you might have some luck selling that thing on ebay. There are plenty of old PC buffs out there that might get a kick out of getting that old scanner to work.
    X2 on that.
    Not to mention, I doubt that it would be compatible with an OS beyond Win XP

Thanks, and just FYI the SCSI interface can be added to any PC that has an open slot.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    X2 on that.
    Not to mention, I doubt that it would be compatible with an OS beyond Win XP
    I checked and it does go to Windows 7 32 bit. That is for the Ricoh software.

But wouldn't any scanner software work if you use it only as a TWAIN Scanner? (Dumb terminal)

Such as Nuance Paperport, etc.?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    I checked and it does go to Windows 7 32 bit. That is for the Ricoh software.

But wouldn't any scanner software work if you use it only as a TWAIN Scanner? (Dumb terminal)

Such as Nuance Paperport, etc.?
    I must admit, this is certainly not my area of expertise.
    It just seems like a lot of work, a limited need, and very little return for a 15+ year old unit - especially when you're not sure if it even works.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I must admit, this is certainly not my area of expertise.

It just seems like a lot of work, a limited need, and very little return for a 15+ year old unit - especially when you're not sure if it even works.
    Thanks, yes this is why i asked if anyone still has a client using one. If so then maybe it is worth pursuing.

They don't make these anymore, it is a desktop unit. That is it's only advantage.

These days you would have to buy the entire floor-standing copier.

Maybe some government agencies still use them.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If it is the one I am thinking of, it is not a heavy duty scanner. It is basically the same ARDF used on a couple of copiers of the same vintage.