Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC 899

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kanagavel's Avatar

SC 899

Hi friends, i am a new technician under one company in malaysia. here i am facing one problem again and again the problem is Sc899 on MP 2352/2852/3352.here my friends says this is cause of firmware version ,somebody says controller board. So friends i need your help what is the actual cause of this problem and how to rectify this please teach me step by step ...
    Thank You.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts hosennet's Avatar

Re: SC 899

Quote Originally Posted by kanagavel View Post
    Hi friends, i am a new technician under one company in malaysia. here i am facing one problem again and again the problem is Sc899 on MP 2352/2852/3352.here my friends says this is cause of firmware version ,somebody says controller board. So friends i need your help what is the actual cause of this problem and how to rectify this please teach me step by step ...
    Thank You.

MP-3352 SC899 error with a twist

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC 899

Quote Originally Posted by kanagavel View Post
    Thank You.
    Seen this error a lot, most times SC899 is a corrupt print job.

Turn the machine off unplug the network cable & power the machine back on see if it comes ready & copies.

If it works, reconnect the network cable when the job hits the printer it will error again if this happens update the firmware the machine will then print out the corrupt job!

Also check all users have the correct driver this will also cause SC899.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kanagavel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Turn the machine off unplug the network cable & power the machine back on see if it comes ready & copies.

If it works, reconnect the network cable when the job hits the printer it will error again if this happens update the firmware the machine will then print out the corrupt job!

Hi sir, thank you for the reply.I will try this...next time

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC 899

Find out who was printing what. Frequently it is either a specific web page or PDF. If you can identify the job, try printing from "Print Preview." This will flatten the print job, that is remove things like gifs, scrolling text, and standardize obscure fonts.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SC 899

Correct +1 also delete job on pc as could be corrupted
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Find out who was printing what. Frequently it is either a specific web page or PDF. If you can identify the job, try printing from "Print Preview." This will flatten the print job, that is remove things like gifs, scrolling text, and standardize obscure fonts.
    Pretty much this.

Yes, you can do firmware updates, but that is not a 100% fix. It is a big improvement, so don't get me wrong, but I have had machines do SC899 after firmware.

My script with dealing with customers is either use a "print this page" if the web page has one (they often do for a text part) or use the print preview function. Both will get rid of the scripting causing the SC899.

To restore a machine to operation, you need to clear the print job causing the issue. This can't always be done from the PC side (user left for the day or sent it from home or whatever). A trick is to unplug the network cable, bring the machine up, enable user codes for print, plug network cable in and let the machine dump every job being sent to it. It won't even look at them if they don't have a user code and will automatically cancel them. After the que is clear, turn off user codes for print and the machine is ready to go.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC 899

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    Pretty much this.

Yes, you can do firmware updates, but that is not a 100% fix. It is a big improvement, so don't get me wrong, but I have had machines do SC899 after firmware.

My script with dealing with customers is either use a "print this page" if the web page has one (they often do for a text part) or use the print preview function. Both will get rid of the scripting causing the SC899.

To restore a machine to operation, you need to clear the print job causing the issue. This can't always be done from the PC side (user left for the day or sent it from home or whatever). A trick is to unplug the network cable, bring the machine up, enable user codes for print, plug network cable in and let the machine dump every job being sent to it. It won't even look at them if they don't have a user code and will automatically cancel them. After the que is clear, turn off user codes for print and the machine is ready to go.
    Back in the early days of the MP Cxx03s, there were firmware updates coming out, often daily, to correct SC899. We had a customer, Kia/Hyundai West Coast Proving Grounds, with 5 MP C3503. Four of them never a problem other than the occasional paper jam. The fifth one had frequent SC899. It was located in the engineering department and they had Korean engineers visiting there 2 or 3 times a week. Their IT person and I finally decided that it had to be something one or more of the Korean engineers was trying to print that contained Korean language characters that the printer could not recognize. We also decided that it was sent from a laptop because just cycling power and the job did not try to print again and no one ever complained about a missing job.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC 899

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    If web pages are printed and SC 899 occurs, Ricoh Germany recommends using a different web browser. E.g. Edge instead of Firefox or vice versa.

If you can't determine who the print job is from, disconnect machine from network, switch it off and on, activate "User Authentication" in "Administrator Tools" and reconnect the machine to the network. Now all received printjos will be deleted and all printqueues will get empty. After that, disable "User Authentication".
    You don’t need to do this simply pull all the paper trays out machine will show the print job in the queue you can then view who printed it or simply delete it.

Firmware will fix 99% of SC899 issues.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

In my experience, SC899 is also caused my users attempting to do screen prints of web pages with moving items like ads or video.

Somehow the print driver falls apart when it receives this kind of job and SC899 is the result.

I agree that firmware sometimes fixes it, but not always...
    Press the GREEN button!!