Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts copytrust's Avatar

Opinion needed for Ricoh machines.

So here is the thing guys we are working on Ricoh machines for the last 25 years in Greece, unfortunately the last 10 years when our economical crisis begun it is very difficult to sell brand new machines the market can only handle at this time used ones so we are importing from europe,my question is this.

Is there any Ricoh color model that can compare to Minolta Pro C6500 or C1075 on color quality and paper handling?

i have heard about the Ricoh Pro C5100....... maybe?

Thank you in advance.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Opinion needed for Ricoh machines.

The Pro C5100 is a very good box but does need to be maintained at the proper PM interval and run with original toner. They produce pretty spectacular prints, we have a couple in print rooms and the customers that run them rarely have any complaints apart from the back to back registration, that needs to be done manually and most customers are lazy and want the machine to do it itself.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    The Pro C5100 is a very good box but does need to be maintained at the proper PM interval and run with original toner. They produce pretty spectacular prints, we have a couple in print rooms and the customers that run them rarely have any complaints apart from the back to back registration, that needs to be done manually and most customers are lazy and want the machine to do it itself.

Yes thats 1 issue i was intresting to know...the registration feed cause they always loose some mm copies after copies!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copytrust View Post
    So here is the thing guys we are working on Ricoh machines for the last 25 years in Greece, unfortunately the last 10 years when our economical crisis begun it is very difficult to sell brand new machines the market can only handle at this time used ones so we are importing from europe,my question is this.

Is there any Ricoh color model that can compare to Minolta Pro C6500 or C1075 on color quality and paper handling?

Thank you in advance.

I deal with Ricoh & KM I would avoid the Ricoh C5100/C5200 as others have said high maintenance, lots of parts to rebuild the fuser life is 600k & can take half a day to rebuild.

See if you can get a Bizhub C754 or C759 complete units, even the customer can replace without any tools.

Last edited by copier tech; 06-09-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

I deal with Ricoh & KM I would avoid the Ricoh C5100/C5200 as others have said high maintenance, lots of parts to rebuild the fuser life is 600k & can take half a day to rebuild.

See if you can get a Bizhub C758 or C759 complete units, even the customer can replace without any tools.

Actually we have 2-3 Minolta Pro C754 on the field i beleive the C758 is the newer model....

Actually we have 2-3 Minolta Pro C754 on the field i beleive the C758 is the newer model....
    Yes, how do you find the C754 on reliability ?

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes, how do you find the C754 on reliability ?

Well... so far not so many problems, the registration on double side is always out of position, but i beleive thats how the machine works you cant do much there.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What I have found over the years that most makes and models manufactured in Japan have their side registration for 1 sided to 2 sided set for the way they do documents in Japan. They are very conservation aware and try not to waste paper. They therefore try fit as much as possible on each page. That means leaving a narrow right margin that when copying 2 sided hole punched or stapled would result in the right margin on the back side to be at or near the holes/staples. They therefore set the back side user margin at 4 mm. With Ricoh and most likely others, it can be set when you go to make copies to 0 and then saved as default. On older model Ricoh it was a setting in User Tools.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Thank you in advance.
    Ricoh pro c5100 is a good machine must be maintained correctly but has been replaced by 5200 series and now the 5300 series
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Ricoh pro c5100 is a good machine must be maintained correctly but has been replaced by 5200 series and now the 5300 series
    There's a Pro 5300 Series now?