Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    JAM 027 in ricoh pro 8120s, help!!

Re: JAM 027 in ricoh pro 8120s, help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    If the unit runs OK for 10K and then starts to jam over and over again try turning it off for about a half a hour and see if you can get another 10k out of it before it jams again. Don't take anything apart just let it cool down. You may have a motor heating up and then failing at a certain point. I had this happen on a 8110 with less than 400K on it. Drove me nuts because I would start taking everything apart and then back again only to have it run a few thousand and then it would jam up solid.

Good luck
    If the Pro 8120s has been properly installed in accordance with recomended ambient temperature and humidity overheating should not be a problem.
    Temperature Range: 10 C ~ 32 C (50 F ~ 89.6 F)
    Humidity Range: 15% ~ 80% RH
    Ambient Illumination: Less than 1,500 lux (do not expose to direct sunlight)
    Ventilation: 3 times/hr/person
    I had a school district print shop with 2 machines and never a heating problem. At first they had a Pro 1357EX and a 1060 with a booklet finisher. QWe found that the 1060 could do 6 to 12 page booklets as fast as the 1357 and free up the 1357 for other work. When doing booklets the 1357 would not start the next booklet until the current one had stapled and was being folded. The 1060 didn't and at roughly half the over length of paper travel could the total time to do 500 booklets was less than 1 minute difference. The next year the 1060 was replaced with a Pro 1107EX with a Plockmatic. 1357 was then replaced with a Pro 8010s and eventually the 1107 with a Pro 8210s. These machines did a total of about 5 to 7 million a year, about half of that during the summer when daily outdoor high temperatures could reach from 97 to 110, occasionally more.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    JAM 027 in ricoh pro 8120s, help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    If the unit runs OK for 10K and then starts to jam over and over again try turning it off for about a half a hour and see if you can get another 10k out of it before it jams again. Don't take anything apart just let it cool down. You may have a motor heating up and then failing at a certain point. I had this happen on a 8110 with less than 400K on it. Drove me nuts because I would start taking everything apart and then back again only to have it run a few thousand and then it would jam up solid.

Good luck
    1+ on the possible bad motor, I had a Pro 8100 give me that kind of jamming, every time I thought I had it fixed I had to have the customer run it while I hung around, after a few thousand copies it would start jamming again, turned out to be a bad motor. Some of those motors run really hot all of the time.

Installing the filter mod on the right side of the main frame helps keep the air moving.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you all very much, as always they were very helpful, as they indicated the cable was cut, I leave images, until next time

IMG-20200612-WA0020 — ImgBB
    IMG-20200613-WA0020 — ImgBB