Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Windows Update Has blocked print cabability!

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not a permanent solution. When Microsoft pushes the next Security Update it will also reinstall any missing Security Update.
    I kwow, but this is a official message of Ricoh France (N°FIT 193 Office v1.0) : Delete the KB !

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Windows Update Has blocked print cabability!

Quote Originally Posted by CSI View Post
    I kwow, but this is a official message of Ricoh France (N°FIT 193 Office v1.0) : Delete the KB !
    Voice of experience. I deleted it Friday night. Microsoft pushed a mandatory security update Saturday night. KB4560960 reinstalled.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I tried this on my home PC by installing the PCL5 driver for my MP C305 this caused the printspooler to restart when sending a print job.

No issues with PCL6.

MS have brought out a fix today.

MS Update.jpg
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

June 16, 2020—KB4567512 (OS Builds 18362.904 and 18363.904)

Updates an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing, generate print errors, or cause apps and print spoolers to close unexpectedly.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4567512
    Last edited by bsm2; 06-16-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    June 16, 2020—KB4567512 (OS Builds 18362.904 and 18363.904)

Updates an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing, generate print errors, or cause apps and print spoolers to close unexpectedly.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4567512
    I just installed this update on my system, and it DOES NOT resolve the problem. Still No PCL5 printing.
    After realizing the problem was not resolved, I went back and re-read the details of this "Feature Update" and it seems to me that MS is just acknowledging that there are reports of a printing issue, and NOT that this update includes a fix.
    And that actually makes sense, because being a full "Feature Update", this is NOT something that was just written in a day or 2 to fix a problem.
    It updates my build version to 2004 from 1909 so all it did was replace my original KB4560960 with the other update KB4557957 ​that creates the same problem.
    So we're still waiting on that fix, and I'll still be providing instructions to customers to uninstall the updates, and pause future updates for a while until that fix is available.
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 06-17-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I just installed this update on my system, and it DOES NOT resolve the problem. Still No PCL5 printing.
    After realizing the problem was not resolved, I went back and re-read the details of this "Feature Update" and it seems to me that MS is just acknowledging that there are reports of a printing issue, and NOT that this update includes a fix.
    And that actually makes sense, because being a full "Feature Update", this is NOT something that was just written in a day or 2 to fix a problem.
    It updates my build version to 2004 from 1909 so all it did was replace my original KB4560960 with the other update KB4557957 ​that creates the same problem.
    So still waiting on that fix, and I'll still providing instructions to customers to uninstall the updates, and pause future updates for a while it seems
    Don't expect an update for at least 3 to 4 weeks. Microsoft is very slow to resolve minor issues such as this. 15 years ago when I was the Unit Information Manager for the Transportation Company I was deployed to Iraq with I was given a website that listed all known issues for most major software, when the issue was first reported and the projected correction date. Companies like Mozilla and most malware protection had fixes in deployed within days, sometime hours. Microsoft had known issues that were often week sometime months on the list before they were resolved. If it wasn't a major security issue and they didn't have major corporate user breathing down their back in was not a priority.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Microsoft has released an out of band update for this issue. The KB numbers are:

KB4567512 for Windows 10 1903 and 1909
    KB4567513 for Windows 10 1809
    KB4567514 for Windows 10 1803

Windows message center - Windows Release Information | Microsoft Docs

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Microsoft has released an out of band update for this issue. The KB numbers are:

KB4567512 for Windows 10 1903 and 1909
    KB4567513 for Windows 10 1809
    KB4567514 for Windows 10 1803

Windows message center - Windows Release Information | Microsoft Docs
    Out of band??? Does that mean that they are not gong to push it to everyone. How is the average Windows user going to find out about them? Is Microsoft going to send emails to everyone?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Out of band??? Does that mean that they are not gong to push it to everyone. How is the average Windows user going to find out about them? Is Microsoft going to send emails to everyone?
    Out of band updates are ones released outside of the normal second and fourth Tuesday of the month update releases. For consumer and un-managed customers, it will be advertised in Windows Updates. For managed customers, it's available now in WSUS and SCCM/SECM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Dear technical partners.

Today and had a case with this incident. On 4 computers:
    1o All computers were with "PCL 6", 64-bit version.
    2nd All with Update Patch. No one could print, because the program was suddenly closed.
    3o Only by uninstalling the Windows Update, the bug has been fixed.

So not only does it fail with PCL5, but pcL6 too, has anyone else happened to you?

Pd:
    Comment that on the 4 computers, the patch correction, I have been impossible to install it, so I derived it to the IT service of the company.

In all cases a "system credential failure" warning was skipped, any opinions on it?
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.