Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Pro8300 with recurring SC471-05

Good morning.

I've been following for almost a week now an 8300 that constantly (every 10k pages or so) stops with the error code SC471-05 and the ITB near the rear side of the machine.

I've replaced the belt with a new one, adjusted the plates as per the troubleshooting procedure so that the SP2920 stays between -20 and +20, but still the error comes back to haunt me.

The machine is still leveled, has been since it was installed, but I rechecked just to be sure.

I've looked for any damaged ball bearing, but all of them are ok, and if I spin the rollers they freewheel for a while.

I'm out of ideas.

Anyone here who went through the paces can help me with any suggestions?

Thank you.

EDIT: The machine has around 500k pages on the counter, and I've checked the leveling shoes by hand (as per another forum post related to the 8100) and they're all firmly set.
    Last edited by mrwho; 06-16-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Pro8300 with recurring SC471-05

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    The machine has around 500k pages on the counter, and I've checked the leveling shoes by hand (as per another forum post related to the 8100) and they're all firmly set.
    Have you used a carpenter's level as per the installation instructions in the service manual?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Have you used a carpenter's level as per the installation instructions in the service manual?
    Yes, both at instalation and when rechecking for this problem.

I've ordered the centering sensor, but as it still didn't arrive, I followed a colleague's suggestion who had a similar problem on a different model - he tried everything, even replaced the entire ITB, but the belt kept on sliding to the side. In the end what solved his problem was doing an engine reset (with backups and whatnot) and then adjusting the machine as if the ITB had been replaced.

Tried that today, now crossing fingers until I call the customer tomorrow (and the day after tomorrow) to see how it went.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I'm wondering if your ITB assy somehow got bent, or skewed maybe in transit? I had a unit that was bent and it was causing the cleaning unit to sit at a weird angle and would throw a 471-05 during the lubrication process.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    I'm wondering if your ITB assy somehow got bent, or skewed maybe in transit? I had a unit that was bent and it was causing the cleaning unit to sit at a weird angle and would throw a 471-05 during the lubrication process.
    That's one of the things I checked - when laying on the table, the frame stays still, doesn't wobble or anything. Also the machine worked perfectly since installation, without any major intervention until now - this is the first time this machine's guts are open.
    Mascan42

Ibid

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I had something similar happen to a Pro 8100 that was was 4 years old with 90K copies in a school on it it just started randomly throwing SC 471-05 it was upstairs in a school that was built in the 1920s so you can image the floor was pretty bad; it would creak when you put any weight where the copier was. I ended up having to level the machine as it was leaning back from the floor and replace the ITB belt and tension roller on that and rebuild the PTR and ITB cleaning unit to get it to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    I had something similar happen to a Pro 8100 that was was 4 years old with 90K copies in a school on it it just started randomly throwing SC 471-05 it was upstairs in a school that was built in the 1920s so you can image the floor was pretty bad; it would creak when you put any weight where the copier was.
    That's not an issue here, as the floor is cement (it's a warehouse).

BUT I have a colleague (who gave me the hint of resetting the engine) who had trouble with a similar equipment installed over some floating flooring - it would have troubles ONLY if someone walked by when it was printing. Can you imagine the nightmare that must've been troubleshooting that?
    Mascan42

Ibid

Thanks to another thread that reminded me of this one - after reseting the engine and reentering the non-standard data, the machine has been working okay since then.

It's solved! Thanks all!
    Mascan42

Ibid

Thumbs up Re: Pro8300 com SC471-05 recorrente

Olá a todos.
    Trabalho com uma RICOH PRO 8120s e consegui solucionar o erro acompanhando as diversas mensagens aqui no Forúm!.
    Vocês todos estão de parabéns por compartilhar seus conhecimentos.

Vou deixar em resumo as ações que segui para resolver o 471-05.
    Primeiramente deixei a belt de transferência alinhada conforme as instruções do manual. Em seguida dentro do SP 2920-02 / 2920-04 (Deixei os valores em zero. Seguindo a dica que aqui foi proposta, entrei no SP 5801 -002 = ENGINE. ( EXECUTE).
    Essas ações resolveram o problema que aqui persistia de forma exaustiva.

Agradeço muito.