Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Suddenly no print, no WIM ping OK mpc5502

I have printed yesterday evening successfully on a c5502 with a 192.168.1.61 port.
    This morning - after i swapped the LAN cable to a c4502 - no printing, no WIM contact happend. Ping was ok.
    So i put the LAN cable back in the c5502 ... and the same problem.
    I took a 100% curtain good cable and wanted to remove and reinstall the driver.
    But this driver always pushed itself back in the list with that port .61, I was not able to remove it.
    So i put on DHCP, and it gave an IP address way out of the domain (110.200.XX.X. subnet 255.255.0.0)
    So i opened the driver and put in another port: 192.169.1.91 and ok!
    I thought maybe you were interested in this event.

Re: Suddenly no print, no WIM ping OK mpc5502

It is very possible that there was a print order left in the queue and blocked the deleting

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I have printed yesterday evening successfully on a c5502 with a 192.168.1.61 port.
    This morning - after i swapped the LAN cable to a c4502 - no printing, no WIM contact happend. Ping was ok.
    So i put the LAN cable back in the c5502 ... and the same problem.
    I took a 100% curtain good cable and wanted to remove and reinstall the driver.
    But this driver always pushed itself back in the list with that port .61, I was not able to remove it.
    So i put on DHCP, and it gave an IP address way out of the domain (110.200.XX.X. subnet 255.255.0.0)
    So i opened the driver and put in another port: 192.169.1.91 and ok!
    I thought maybe you were interested in this event.
    Did you disconnect the C5502 and then try to ping it's IP?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Did you disconnect the C5502 and then try to ping it's IP?
    No, i did not. Afterwards i also came to this idea myself.
    We have only 5 hosts here which IP's are known to me.
    But it can always be that someone else had assign an IP address, that was what i was thinking too...
    So, next time i will do that test.
    Greetings.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    No, i did not. Afterwards i also came to this idea myself.
    We have only 5 hosts here which IP's are known to me.
    But it can always be that someone else had assign an IP address, that was what i was thinking too...
    So, next time i will do that test.
    Greetings.
    I had a water agency who had a similar intermittent problem on a C3502. They were about 45 minutes away. When I got there I noticed a message on the bottom of the screen about an IP address conflict that included the MAC of the of the conflicting device. I turned the C3502 off and pinged the IP. Nothing there. I turned the C3502 back on and it immediately started printing out everything in the the cue. After a couple of days of the same thing, their new IT told me to use the next IP in sequence. Next morning the same problem. The following morning I went up there when they opened so as to be there when the problem occurred. I did a network list of devices and discovered there was a VPN that no one seemed to know about. The 3 IP addresses it was giving to remote devices were the 2 I had tried and the next one in sequence.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There are some win 10 updates causing printing problems. Check to see if there was an update the night before you had printing problem. If so uninstall the update.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irtek View Post
    There are some win 10 updates causing printing problems. Check to see if there was an update the night before you had printing problem. If so uninstall the update.
    We are fully aware of that. It only affects PCL5. It does not affect WIM. Or do you even know what WIM is?
    Windows Update Has blocked print cabability!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    We are fully aware of that. It only affects PCL5. It does not affect WIM. Or do you even know what WIM is?
    Windows Update Has blocked print cabability!

I've had customers with the Win 10 update problem that that I'm pretty sure had a PCL6 driver and I've also read post from others that changed fro PCL5 to PCL6 driver and still could not print. Also I have seen access to the WIM not work on one web browser but work with another. In my experience computers act differently depending on which features are activated and what programs are installed.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irtek View Post
    I've had customers with the Win 10 update problem that that I'm pretty sure had a PCL6 driver and I've also read post from others that changed fro PCL5 to PCL6 driver and still could not print. Also I have seen access to the WIM not work on one web browser but work with another. In my experience computers act differently depending on which features are activated and what programs are installed.
    And if you read the entire thread I posted you would know that deleting and reinstalling an old PCL6 with the current PCL6 corrected the problem. Also the Windows Security Update does not affect WIM. As for different browsers, the only one I have ever had trouble with is Google Chrome.