Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printer problem

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kanagavel's Avatar

Printer problem

Hi friends MP5000 after updating firmware the printer option not available i don't know what problem but scanner option showing and working normally then i try again firmware update but there is no option for update printer firmware but the same firmware card i use other machines its showing all updates i don't know how to solve this problem please help me friends...
    Thank you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Printer problem

The Gooses Guide shows only one entry to your issue.
    PRINT OPTION NOT RECOGNIZED No print option - has B model board installed in machine

Did you replaced a board?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Printer problem

Are there any recent HDD related SCs? The print function requires the HDD. You also may have had a failure of the Printer/Scanner SD card in slot 1. If the machine is an original SP model the service spare part number might be printed on it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Printer problem

There is a service mode setting that turns off the print and usb but I cannot remember what it is.

Has the op been playing with the nvram?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Printer problem

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    There is a service mode setting that turns off the print and usb but I cannot remember what it is.

Has the op been playing with the nvram?
    SP 5985-001 for the NIC and SP 5985-002 for the USB just turn off the ports. Printer function will still show in User Tools, Printer Sp will still show in SP mode and Printer firmware will still show in firmware update.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

There are 2 different versions of that machine,SP and B. Are you sure your using the correct firmware. The B version won't give you the option to scan in color.

If no boards were replaced and you reseated the 256MB DIMM on the controller then check if the machine has a fax board. If it does, disconnect it and reboot. As Slim stated check out the HD. SP mode 5832 will allow you to reformat the drive. Web into the machine first and back up the address book before you reformat the HD. SP mode 5801-008 will clear the printer module. Never do a all clear (5801-001 or 5801-002) unless you have the machines birth certificate. I don't know your history with this unit i.e. did you just picked it up as a customer or have you been working on it for a long time. More info will be needed to nail this down if you have not done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    There are 2 different versions of that machine,SP and B. Are you sure your using the correct firmware. The B version won't give you the option to scan in color.

If no boards were replaced and you reseated the 256MB DIMM on the controller then check if the machine has a fax board. If it does, disconnect it and reboot. As Slim stated check out the HD. SP mode 5832 will allow you to reformat the drive. Web into the machine first and back up the address book before you reformat the HD. SP mode 5801-008 will clear the printer module. Never do a all clear (5801-001 or 5801-002) unless you have the machines birth certificate. I don't know your history with this unit i.e. did you just picked it up as a customer or have you been working on it for a long time. More info will be needed to nail this down if you have not done so already.
    Hi sir thank you for the reply, sir actually my problem is i prepared one MP5000 machine after that i saw the firmware version is old so we have new version in my office so I try to update firmware after update is see there is no printer option and i see in sp mode there is no printer sp then again i try to update firmware by using same card but there no option showing for Printer firmware update then i try the same card to another machine its working fine. I try HDD format and i replace the HDD, i try sp5801 i did all clear no use then i try NV RAM flashing still change. Then i try with another machine controller boad it is ok but still i don't know how to solve this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post

Hi sir thank you for the reply, sir actually my problem is i prepared one MP5000 machine after that i saw the firmware version is old so we have new version in my office so I try to update firmware after update is see there is no printer option and i see in sp mode there is no printer sp then again i try to update firmware by using same card but there no option showing for Printer firmware update then i try the same card to another machine its working fine. I try HDD format and i replace the HDD, i try sp5801 i did all clear no use then i try NV RAM flashing still change. Then i try with another machine controller boad it is ok but still i don't know how to solve this problem. And after this problem comes machine always showing SD card authentication failed.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like it might be a MP5000B but you have killed it by doing 5-801 all clear.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Printer problem

Quote Originally Posted by kanagavel View Post
    Hi sir thank you for the reply, sir actually my problem is i prepared one MP5000 machine after that i saw the firmware version is old so we have new version in my office so I try to update firmware after update is see there is no printer option and i see in sp mode there is no printer sp then again i try to update firmware by using same card but there no option showing for Printer firmware update then i try the same card to another machine its working fine. I try HDD format and i replace the HDD, i try sp5801 i did all clear no use then i try NV RAM flashing still change. Then i try with another machine controller boad it is ok but still i don't know how to solve this problem
    The Printer/Scanner SD Card has failed. Nothing you do will correct the problem until you replace the SD Card.