Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh MPC6503

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC6503

Ricoh MPC6503

this issue is when scanning it puts a line on each page. typically i would think the ADF glass needs a good cleaning, this wasn't the case. for example a stack of 50 pgs to be scanned to pc. there are scanned VIA using OCR settings. maybe the first 3 pages puts a line 3/4 all the way down the right side of the page. the next say 5 pages it will put a line down the entire same side of the page, in the same location. if i lay one page with the partial line on top of the page will the full line they are in the same spot. and it doesn't look like a typical line. as it looks like it has 2 lines with something in the middle. kinda hard to describe, maybe jagged in between the two, but it's a small area with the line/lines. if i scan from the platen it scans just fine. so i know it has to be an issue with the ADF. and after cleaning the adf glass a couple of times. and then realizing it doesn't always go completely down the page. if i take the same stack of 50 pgs and scan again. the line is in the same location. but the pages might vary which ones has a full line and which as a partial line. it's never consist with which line appears on which scanned page. has anyone seen and resolved this issue before? yes i am a ricoh tech. just haven't seen this before. thought maybe someone might have seen it before. thought i would ask here before changing out the whole ADF, or parts on the ADF. thanks for your input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC6503

Look for a hair or piece of fluff somewhere in optics.