Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Ricoh C5110s Fiery Controller software install

Hi,

I have a Fiery E-22B that stopped working. Tell it to print a built in PS test page or print a file to it from Command Workstation and the print job shows printing but doesn't print. So I am going to reinstall the Fiery system software.
    I have it hooked to a PC. Do I need to use a standard Ethernet cable or a crossover cable and to what Ethernet port the top or bottom port? And should Dip switches both be clicked up in the On position or just Dip switch 1. I haven't installed Fiery software in a long time so I can't remember. - Thanks for your help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh C5110s Fiery Controller software install

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar57 View Post
    Hi,

I have a Fiery E-22B that stopped working. Tell it to print a built in PS test page or print a file to it from Command Workstation and the print job shows printing but doesn't print. So I am going to reinstall the Fiery system software.
    I have it hooked to a PC. Do I need to use a standard Ethernet cable or a crossover cable and to what Ethernet port the top or bottom port? And should Dip switches both be clicked up in the On position or just Dip switch 1. I haven't installed Fiery software in a long time so I can't remember. - Thanks for your help.
    Never had any luck with the pc and crossover cable method. I would use the USB thumb drive procedure. Prepare the drive and it works like a charm. I believe Dip switch one is on and 2 is off for that method. It's been a while since I've done it too. Last one I did was a E-22C on a MP C4503 (same fiery hardware and procedure)...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Hi,

If you have access to TSRC, look in the manual section for the copier. The Fiery manual will be there.

It explains the procedure quite well.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh C5110s Fiery Controller software install

To begin with, DO NOT DO A DAMNED THING UNTIL YOU HAVE PROPER DOCUMENTATION IN HAND.

If you are a Trained and Authorized Ricoh technician, contact your regional support rep and schedule a support visit. He/She can provide you with the necessary documentation and will assist you in getting started. In addition login the the Ricoh Learning Institute and sign up for online Fiery training. The training will be supplied by EFI and paid for by Ricoh. You will have 1 year to complete and should include 1 year of support from EFI.

If you are not an authorized Ricoh tech, EFI training and support will be out of you pocket and could be a few thousand dollars.

That said, are you sure that you need to fully reinstall the Fiery system. That is a rather drastic measure and normally only done following a HDD crash on the Fiery server using the system restore DVDs. What trouble shooting steps have you done? Are you sure that the connection between the Fiery server and the C5110s is correct? Connection should be from the bottom jack on the E-22B to the gigabit board on the C5110s using the connection cable supplied with Fiery.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hi,

Before you reinstall the complete Fiery OS I would first check/install any patches first this maybe all that is required.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Never had any luck with the pc and crossover cable method. I would use the USB thumb drive procedure. Prepare the drive and it works like a charm. I believe Dip switch one is on and 2 is off for that method. It's been a while since I've done it too. Last one I did was a E-22C on a MP C4503 (same fiery hardware and procedure)...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Good point.

It's been years, but I seem to recall not faring very well with the crossover method, either. It was flaky, at best.

The thumb drive approach never failed.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts sniper2g8's Avatar

Hi,

can you please send the fiery system software to my via email thank you
    smailamensah@gmail.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniper2g8 View Post
    can you please send the fiery system software to my via email thank you
    smailamensah@gmail.com
    This thread is almost 3 years old. It was dead and buried until you decided to go grave robbing.