Post MPC 3350 printing issue

Hi all, one of my customers has been using a MP3350 copier/printer, driven by PCL6 drivers (in a networked environment) with Windows versions 7 & 8 for more than a year without any trouble. Recently they upgraded to windows 10 after which we are experiencing many issues with printing. Mostly trouble in printing MS office documents.

After checking we found out that customer has changed PCL6 driver and is presently using postscript. When we inquired they mentioned that windows 10 recent update has caused the computers using PCL6 drivers to stall.

What happens is their computers are stuck & sometimes need restarting. I think it may be caused by the latest security updates of Win 10 but I don"t have much knowledge to prove that. As a solution they all changed their printer drivers to postscript recently. Now we are encountering another problem. With postscript all their prints are waiting in a queue without printing (or prints intermittently). I had installed all firmware updates (on the MP3350) that came before win 10.

I would really appreciate your thoughts and possible solutions on this matter. I thank you in advance for your time to read this thread.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC 3350 printing issue

Re: MPC 3350 printing issue

Make sure it is not using WSD port and uninstall the update would be a good place to start.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsara View Post
    Hi all, one of my customers has been using a MP3350 copier/printer, driven by PCL6 drivers (in a networked environment) with Windows versions 7 & 8 for more than a year without any trouble. Recently they upgraded to windows 10 after which we are experiencing many issues with printing. Mostly trouble in printing MS office documents.

After checking we found out that customer has changed PCL6 driver and is presently using postscript. When we inquired they mentioned that windows 10 recent update has caused the computers using PCL6 drivers to stall.

What happens is their computers are stuck & sometimes need restarting. I think it may be caused by the latest security updates of Win 10 but I don"t have much knowledge to prove that. As a solution they all changed their printer drivers to postscript recently. Now we are encountering another problem. With postscript all their prints are waiting in a queue without printing (or prints intermittently). I had installed all firmware updates (on the MP3350) that came before win 10.

I would really appreciate your thoughts and possible solutions on this matter. I thank you in advance for your time to read this thread.
    The June MS 10 Update creates a lot of printer and driver problems. You can check it out with PC-Info and under Windows Specification have a look to the version. If version 2004 is displayed, the problemupdate is installed on the system.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 3350 printing issue

Do they have the PS3 option installed or are they depending on the built in PostScript emulation. The emulation has problems.

For PCL they need to use the latest PCL6 version on the Ricoh download site. Older PCL6 and all PCL5 are affected by the recent Windows Security Update.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 3350 printing issue

Quote Originally Posted by aktasson View Post
    The June MS 10 Update creates a lot of printer and driver problems. You can check it out with PC-Info and under Windows Specification have a look to the version. If version 2004 is displayed, the problemupdate is installed on the system.
    It affects more than version 2004. See Windows Update Has blocked print cabability!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...date-kb4567512
    The latest update fixes these issues...allegedly

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC 3350 printing issue

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsara View Post

As others have said, explain to your client this NOT an issue with their copier but a KNOWN MS issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...date-kb4567523

Refer this to their IT dept or advice them they'll need to keep checking the Windows Update Catalogue & accept all updates.

However if you want to install the fix patch manually here is the office link I can confirm this DOES work.

Microsoft Update Catalog

Windows Update.jpg
    Last edited by copier tech; 07-08-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk