Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Savin 5055 / Ricoh 6054, "Replace Fusing Belt Unit"

Re: Savin 5055 / Ricoh 6054, "Replace Fusing Belt Unit"

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    HMMM.... I realize many of you don't know me, but I've been doing this longer than most of you. I sent another tech out to this call, and the guy is an ace on most of the Ricoh boxes, but as I said, we don't know this machine and I don't know what service manual he was referencing.

BUT I HAVE noticed a lot of SNARKY, hateful comments on this board as of late, and I think if you're going to act all superior about EVERYTHING, you really should take a look at yourself and your own shortcomings, FIRST... sort of like the severe entitlement issues of the Black Lives Matter movement, and the havoc they're causing across the country, because they simply don't know who they are as human beings, nor their place in society.

I was on Smarka for many years before this and I never encountered such a disdainful culture of people there.

I want to continue to be a part of helping other technicians when needed and receive help when I ask for it. But this useless "better than thou" attitude does no one any good.

OC

Calm down dear its just a bit of light hearted banter.

If your engineer “is ace on most Ricoh” then to reset the fuser PM counter is the same as any other Ricoh.

Or without wanting to upset you further ask him to read the service manual.

Should you/him need it PM me & i’ll send it FOC.

Now chill out its nearly the weekend dude!

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

HMMM.... I realize many of you don't know me, but I've been doing this longer than most of you. I sent another tech out to this call, and the guy is an ace on most of the Ricoh boxes, but as I said, we don't know this machine and I don't know what service manual he was referencing.

BUT I HAVE noticed a lot of SNARKY, hateful comments on this board as of late, and I think if you're going to act all superior about EVERYTHING, you really should take a look at yourself and your own shortcomings, FIRST... sort of like the severe entitlement issues of the Black Lives Matter movement, and the havoc they're causing across the country, because they simply don't know who they are as human beings, nor their place in society.

I was on Smarka for many years before this and I never encountered such a disdainful culture of people there.

I want to continue to be a part of helping other technicians when needed and receive help when I ask for it. But this useless "better than thou" attitude does no one any good.

OC
    Since you have not filled in any personal information on your profile I have no idea whether your claim to have "been doing this longer than most of you" is valid or a bald face lie. I personally think it is a lie. I have been in the "Industry" for nearly 50 years and you can checked my profile.

I have not replied to this thread before because IMHO you have been given quite proper advice, but I could not let your disrespect for those who have tries to help go unchallenged.

As for the second paragraph of you reply, a technical thread is not the place to take those matters up. If you have complaints concerning the general operation of this website there is a forum for that https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...and-questions/. If you wish to discuss political matters there are threads for that in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/r...erything-else/

As far as someone having useless "better than thou" attitude it would be appearing you.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

We are new to this machine, and we've looked in the SM, but can't seem to find the simulation to RESET this indication, after replacing the part. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    OC
    Be aware if you just reset code without replacing the sleeve assy you get a worse problem ie sleeve will rip apart and may damage pressure roller etc you will also get a sc error needing replacement of all parts including reset fuse
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Since you have not filled in any personal information on your profile I have no idea whether your claim to have "been doing this longer than most of you" is valid or a bald face lie. I personally think it is a lie. I have been in the "Industry" for nearly 50 years and you can checked my profile.

I have not replied to this thread before because IMHO you have been given quite proper advice, but I could not let your disrespect for those who have tries to help go unchallenged.

As for the second paragraph of you reply, a technical thread is not the place to take those matters up. If you have complaints concerning the general operation of this website there is a forum for that https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...and-questions/. If you wish to discuss political matters there are threads for that in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/r...erything-else/

As far as someone having useless "better than thou" attitude it would be appearing you.
    Look pal, I don't need to "inform you" of my personal profile to get the respect that I give and deserve. The difference is, I don't automatically condemn people for not having the information at their fingertips. There could be a MYRIAD of reasons for that, but I'm here TO HELP, not to prove that I'm superior to you. And that's what this board is supposed to be about - HELPING PEOPLE. Posting that I've got over 40 years doing this does not PROVE A THING about whether that information is real or not. How do I know for sure that you have "50 years of experience"? And I'm ABSOLUTELY not interested in your opinions about my experience, one way or the other.

Now, I asked a simple question and there was nothing more required than a simple answer. SO WHAT if we've tried to read the SM or not?!?! What if the guy reading the SM just MISSED IT? Or it wasn't clear to him, for some reason? Being told that "its right there IN FRONT OF YOU, in the SERVICE MANUAL", is just condescending and rude and nothing more.

but I could not let your disrespect for those who have tried to help go unchallenged.

There was only ONE post (that I recall) that offered concrete advice about what to do to fix the problem/get the information I needed.
    The other posts were children acting out, trying to "one up me" because they think its funny to call someone an "end user", which is completely unhelpful at best, and totally PARANOID at worst.
    What difference is it TO THEM what kind of person needs the help and what they do with the help?? If you're truly THAT experienced, you know that end users will fall FLAT ON THEIR FACE when given technical advice, and will
    end up calling a real technician to fix the problem anyway.

But the childish behavior, instead of being addressed and reprimanded, goes unchecked and unchallenged. And FOR WHAT? So you can direct me to another forum to "air my grievances"? I've been to the other forum, and it is painfully obvious
    that there's no one managing this circus and other techs are complaining about it incessantly. So my voice certainly isn't going to tip THAT scale any time soon.

You seem to be very interested in this site and its maintenance. If that's true, here's you opportunity to prove it. Get a moderator on the site so that people who leave snarky comments are reprimanded or removed. Very simple.

OC

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Look pal, I don't need to "inform you" of my personal profile to get the respect that I give and deserve. The difference is, I don't automatically condemn people for not having the information at their fingertips. There could be a MYRIAD of reasons for that, but I'm here TO HELP, not to prove that I'm superior to you. And that's what this board is supposed to be about - HELPING PEOPLE. Posting that I've got over 40 years doing this does not PROVE A THING about whether that information is real or not. How do I know for sure that you have "50 years of experience"? And I'm ABSOLUTELY not interested in your opinions about my experience, one way or the other.

Now, I asked a simple question and there was nothing more required than a simple answer. SO WHAT if we've tried to read the SM or not?!?! What if the guy reading the SM just MISSED IT? Or it wasn't clear to him, for some reason? Being told that "its right there IN FRONT OF YOU, in the SERVICE MANUAL", is just condescending and rude and nothing more.

but I could not let your disrespect for those who have tried to help go unchallenged.

There was only ONE post (that I recall) that offered concrete advice about what to do to fix the problem/get the information I needed.
    The other posts were children acting out, trying to "one up me" because they think its funny to call someone an "end user", which is completely unhelpful at best, and totally PARANOID at worst.
    What difference is it TO THEM what kind of person needs the help and what they do with the help?? If you're truly THAT experienced, you know that end users will fall FLAT ON THEIR FACE when given technical advice, and will

But the childish behavior, instead of being addressed and reprimanded, goes unchecked and unchallenged. And FOR WHAT? So you can direct me to another forum to "air my grievances"? I've been to the other forum, and it is painfully obvious
    that there's no one managing this circus and other techs are complaining about it incessantly. So my voice certainly isn't going to tip THAT scale any time soon.

You seem to be very interested in this site and its maintenance. If that's true, here's you opportunity to prove it. Get a moderator on the site so that people who leave snarky comments are reprimanded or removed. Very simple.

OC
    Correction, you made a rather rude attack on the members of this website. The childish behavior that I have noticed is on your part. You claimed that you have "been doing this longer than most of you". Now prove.

As for not having the information at our fingertips, that is hard to do when you provided very little information in your initial post so people had to ask you questions to gain the needed information in order to offer to proper help that you needed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Correction, you made a rather rude attack on the members of this website. The childish behavior that I have noticed is on your part. You claimed that you have "been doing this longer than most of you". Now prove.

As for not having the information at our fingertips, that is hard to do when you provided very little information in your initial post so people had to ask you questions to gain the needed information in order to offer to proper help that you needed.
    Well, you obviously didn't read what was written, which does not surprise me.

There was nothing in my question that was ambiguous: "How do we reset this indication on this machine?"

Telling someone they're an end user, when they're not, is THE PROBLEM here. Spare the rod and spoil the child, and that's what's happened with our society these days.

Read it again, then get a moderator.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Well, you obviously didn't read what was written, which does not surprise me.
    The problem with that is that I did read what was typed.

There was nothing in my question that was ambiguous: "How do we reset this indication on this machine?"
    It is a question that an end user would ask. A tech would read the service manual. A tech working on a machine that his/her company is not an authorized dealer of would have his/her boss obtain a service manual. A tech would know how to search the internet for the manual and how to place a request for a manual in the Service Manuals Requests forum here on CTN

Telling someone they're an end user, when they're not, is THE PROBLEM here. Spare the rod and spoil the child, and that's what's happened with our society these days.

Read it again, then get a moderator.
    When you ask questions that would normally be asked by an end user and you do not put any information in your profile that shows you are not an end user what the hell do you expect them the think. From what I am seeing in your posts on this that you are the spoiled child.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

OC

1) if your profile is not filled out how do we know what machines your are formally trained on?
    2) we have endusers declaring they are techs and we don't find out the truth until one or two Weeks after being involved in a thread. (the same is true about 'newbie techs' stating their abilities are above their actual level of knowledge.
    3) There are specific forums for certain issues. that's what they were designed for
    4) Aneurysm is a hard working man, he had a real life also. he said ( in those 'other' forums ) that he is working on finding a moderator.
    5) Snarky replies and not letting an 'issue' drop isn't winning friends and influencing people.

Chill brother

Just putting my popcorn down for a second....
    SP3-701 has been the Manual New Unit set on Ricoh's for quite a few years now and SP7-621 has been PM Counter reset for almost forever.
    A tech who is "an ACE on most Ricoh boxes" would check these 2 SP modes straight up...that alone lead to confusion I believe.
    Also you mentioned the SP modes as "simulation"...that's a SHARP term for their Sim modes....just another thing that was picked up on and let to a bit of confusion.
    Not at all having a go at you just pointing out where the confusion probably came from