Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

MP3351 paper folding ADF

Hi, I state that I don't know Ricoh well. I mainly manage Konica Minolta printers. In an MP3351 I have a problematic ADF. When I pass the paper, the paper comes out with the upper right corner folded. By holding down the ADF, this problem does not happen. I have already tried to change with an ADF of another printer but the problem continues to arise. Sometimes it happens even without front and back.

I also tried to tighten the four small glass screws without success. I still don't understand where the paper hangs.
    Let me know if you have any advice.
    Thank you

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: MP3351 paper folding ADF

It's the tension on the hinge causing problems. I usually remove one of the screws with it's spring on the left hand hinge near the slit glass

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar

Hi... My thought is that maybe if you have changed the ARDF and the problem still persists maybe you should check the slit glass 'cover' for any protrusions or unevenness. Does this happen for both portrait and landscape 'document' feed?
    I would also try an ARDF free run. Hope this helps. Stay Safe!!

hello, thank you very much. In recent printers, there is a screw that regulates the pressure. Unfortunately, it is not present in this.
    Is the waist you remove located in the metal hinge or is it one of the four screws on the window?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP3351 paper folding ADF

Grab a hold of the underside (left side) of the scanner assembly, and pull it up. Might have to push down on the internal output tray at the same time to get enough leverage.
    People lean on that corner and bend the scanner downward slightly. You say it helps if you push the ADF down, so this is why i say to pull the scanner assembly UP.
    Omertà

I remove the spring (number 13). Not sure why the manual is only showing 1 screw and spring because there were always 2 screws and springs on the ones I opened, not sure if it was on the older models.

But because you say it doesn't happen when you press the ADF down this would be the first thing I try. If it doesn't work just replace the spring again and look for other causes

Thanks the photo is very clear but I do not see screws to dismantle the DF at that point.I will use all your advice to try to solve the problem. ù

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Thanks the photo is very clear but I do not see screws to dismantle the DF at that point.I will use all your advice to try to solve the problem. ù
    Out of a job at the moment so no access to my-ricoh website to get service manual so I'll try explain as best I can using parts manual drawing lol

You only need to remove cover (17). Open the ADF feed cover and remove screw (101). Then unclip the 5 or 6 clips underneath (you can see one of them under screw 101 in drawing). It's a bit tricky the first time but with ADF lifted up you can see the clip locations marked with arrows on the cover. Cover comes off easiest with the blue original feed tray (8) lifted up.

Technician

Attachment 46162
    Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, I state that I don't know Ricoh well. I mainly manage Konica Minolta printers. In an MP3351 I have a problematic ADF. When I pass the paper, the paper comes out with the upper right corner folded. By holding down the ADF, this problem does not happen. I have already tried to change with an ADF of another printer but the problem continues to arise. Sometimes it happens even without front and back.

I also tried to tighten the four small glass screws without success. I still don't understand where the paper hangs.
    Let me know if you have any advice.
    Thank you

Check if chassis sector indicated in the photo is not cracked.
    The ADF rises at the rear left for this reason. It is practically imperceptible. The problem would be in the copier, not in the ADF
    You will need an arc welder to repair it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I replace the left hinge, solved.