Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RICOH AFICIO MP C3001 Image problem

I have a problem with the RICOH AFICIO C3001, in normal A4, the prints are from the middle down with this effect as I leave attached, I already cleaned the mirrors of the laser and it remains the same do I have to change the laser unit?
    I have a problem with the RICOH AFICIO C3001, in normal A4, the prints are from the middle down with this effect as I leave attached, I already cleaned the mirrors of the laser and it remains the same do I have to change the laser unit?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: RICOH AFICIO MP C3001 Image problem

Quote Originally Posted by andrec123 View Post
    What are the page counts on drums/dev's?

Are you using genuine oem ricoh toners?

Have you run the SM reports?

what are bias levels?

So many questions so few answers.

Phil B. " The Dentist "

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Before you do that, since it is affecting ALL colors, could be an ITB issue, or paper transfer roller problem.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Is this done in a4 or a4r
    If a4 {portrait} look at the ptr assy
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Before you do that, since it is affecting ALL colors, could be an ITB issue, or paper transfer roller problem.
    +1 on PTR!
    The case that PTR roller sits in on the right-hand door has a plastic post/ pin that breaks off on the rear side. You can check that by grabbing the PTR and see if the Rear side lifts up.
    If it's not that, then Sometimes it is also the docking bracket on the ITB that the PTR sits in when the door is closed. It can be broken, and makes it so that the PTR is not sitting correctly against ITB.
    These are what i would check First.
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    What are the page counts on drums/dev's?

Are you using genuine oem ricoh toners?

Have you run the SM reports?

what are bias levels?

So many questions so few answers.

Phil B. " The Dentist "

Yes the toners are original, I checked it all and they are in the normal parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I have already checked the ITB and I do not see any anomalies.

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post

In A4, in A4R it does less.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    +1 on PTR!
    The case that PTR roller sits in on the right-hand door has a plastic post/ pin that breaks off on the rear side. You can check that by grabbing the PTR and see if the Rear side lifts up.
    If it's not that, then Sometimes it is also the docking bracket on the ITB that the PTR sits in when the door is closed. It can be broken, and makes it so that the PTR is not sitting correctly against ITB.
    These are what i would check First.

I already changed the PTR unit once, it has about 10,000 copies, I was watching it and I didn't check for any anomalies but I can check it again when I go to the customer.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

It's very unlikely its laser as all colours it will be ptr alignment to transfer unit check where the ptr roller sits to the transfer unit it will be in that area the problem
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    To be clearer, is it long edge feed or short edge feed? Portrait and landscape refer to how you hang a picture on a wall.

Technician

First you need to know where you are loosing the density. Make a copy or a print and open the door while it's running .have a look on the ITB if you have the same pb; IF the image is ok on the ITB then make a copy (or print) on A3.It should be better, like you said it's better on A4r that's because the A3 and the A4
    are hold at the same time by the Fusion unit and registration roller that makes the paper to be straight and in contact very close with the ITB.

Like every body said it's about the PTR. Have a look if the roller is not lower in his casing rear than front.On that machine it's the ITB unit who pushes the toner
    on the paper, the current on transfert roller is not important but the physical position of the PTR is.

Good luck

Thank you! I will test on the client and then I will give you news!

Thank you! I will test on the client and then I will give you news!