Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: Ricoh mp301 will not print from computer

I'm guessing the wrong port is selected on the driver. Your original post is a bit confusing are you trying to print via USB or IP? If you're trying to print via IP make sure the old machine and new machines aren't using the same IP address because I generally recycle the old IP when replacing a device.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh mp301 will not print from computer

Quote Originally Posted by anica View Post
    a Tech remove the mp301 from a network connection. He left it next to the new one. I connect it to a computer, install mp301 pcl6 driver, and it will not print. When you ask the printer for it's settings it does print it. I then connect the printer via a router, the computer can ping the printer, the printer can ping the computer, but refuse to print. I am wondering if I have the wrong driver. Help will be appreciated.
    I'm confused by your post.
    Was the machine working before and it has stopped, or is it used machine that you acquired or that you're reselling, that was not tested previously?

Sounds like it may have an access range set from previous owner. Check the bottom of the configuration page under "interface information"
    If so, you'll have to telnet in and flush it

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I'm confused by your post.
    Was the machine working before and it has stopped, or is it used machine that you acquired or that you're reselling, that was not tested previously?

Sounds like it may have an access range set from previous owner. Check the bottom of the configuration page under "interface information"
    If so, you'll have to telnet in and flush it
    I don't know on these entry level models but on the larger model you can clear it with SP 5801-011 NCS Network Control System.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I don't know on these entry level models but on the larger model you can clear it with SP 5801-011 NCS Network Control System.
    With all due respect, Tim, that SP mode does not clear or reset the access range, it basically only resets the host interface settings to default.
    The only way I've ever been able to clear access range on ANY Ricoh device is via Telnet - including just now, when I re-confirmed it for myself on my own MP305+ so as to not put my foot in my mouth

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Either Telnet, or you have to assign a computer/laptop an IP address within the range and then connect with the machine on WIM and remove the access range.

I wish NCS clear got rid of the range , but it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    With all due respect, Tim, that SP mode does not clear or reset the access range, it basically only resets the host interface settings to default.
    The only way I've ever been able to clear access range on ANY Ricoh device is via Telnet - including just now, when I re-confirmed it for myself on my own MP305+ so as to not put my foot in my mouth
    If it works, don't touch it.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anica View Post
    a Tech remove the mp301 from a network connection. He left it next to the new one. I connect it to a computer, install mp301 pcl6 driver, and it will not print. When you ask the printer for it's settings it does print it. I then connect the printer via a router, the computer can ping the printer, the printer can ping the computer, but refuse to print. I am wondering if I have the wrong driver. Help will be appreciated.
    I could remote on to a PC on the same network as the MFD and take a look if you like.

The Fast Remote Desktop Application – AnyDesk
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Let's solve this one step at a time.

Confirm for us that there is no access range setup. Post a picture of the config page.

If there is access range, you have to remove it.

If there is not an access range, does the machine data light blink when you send a print job?

I've had a couple of machines where IT setup auto hold all print jobs. So even though there were no user codes, machine would hold the job until someone released it

Go to the printer tab on the machine and look at locked job, held job, all job. Do you see anything there?

Also look at printer error / details in the same section to see if there is anything there
    If it works, don't touch it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopyBats View Post
    Let's solve this one step at a time.

Confirm for us that there is no access range setup. Post a picture of the config page.

If there is access range, you have to remove it.

If there is not an access range, does the machine data light blink when you send a print job?

I've had a couple of machines where IT setup auto hold all print jobs. So even though there were no user codes, machine would hold the job until someone released it

Go to the printer tab on the machine and look at locked job, held job, all job. Do you see anything there?

Also look at printer error / details in the same section to see if there is anything there
    Than it would be visible in the print queue, and he said it is not....

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Than it would be visible in the print queue, and he said it is not....
    Correction, what anica posted is "it stay in print queue on pc, not on printer" Unless you are referring to the printer job list on the printer.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Doubt:
    Have you been able to access the WIN of your device?
    As it may be, it is not clear to me, whether the IP management, you do it under WIN or not.
    Doubt 2nd:
    When you access, check in the IP section, in the lower section, if you have disabled the "DIPRINT" if so, they are playing a joke and you will never be able to print.

Any corrections?
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.