Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Plockmatic BK5010

Hello, I have a Plockmatic BK5010 with trimmer and squarefold.

The machine is used as a stand alone.

Until recently, the machine ran flawlessly.

Now the sheet is drawn in, folded and stapled. Then the paper runs into the trimmer. Here the stop gate moves up and the brochure is cut. After that, the stop gate no longer shuts down.

When I remove the paper jam, the stopgate moves back to the 0 position. Then the same error happens again.

Error number TR-203. After a few paper jams the error BK-156 occurs sporadically and then I have to switch the machine off and on again, after which it runs again except for the paper jam in the trimmer.

What could it be? Maybe the PCB board?

I appreciate any help.

Greetings Sven Hackenberg

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Plockmatic BK5010

Re: Plockmatic BK5010

TR-203 Outfeed sensor Trimmer was Not blocked within timeout
    TR-203
    Fault Code TR-203, indicates that during Run, the Outfeed sensor trimmer (TR-Q6), was not blocked
    within timeout.
    Initial Actions
    Check fuse F2 on Transformer.
    Make sure that the Outfeed sensor trimmer (TR-Q6) is installed correctly.
    Ensure that the Outfeed sensor trimmer (TR-Q6) is clean.
    Procedure
    Enter the Service mode and select Outfeed sensor trimmer (TR-Q6) in check sensors. Block, then unblock, the TR-Q6 with a
    sheet of paper. The Outfeed sensor trimmer (TR-Q6) sensor indicates :1 when the sensor is blocked and :0 when the
    sensor is not blocked.

Make sure that nothing interferes with the paper path.

BK-156 Interlock switch Booklet maker is Faulty
    Every time I have had this it has been that the mount for the switch has slowly gotten bent slightly downward from daily closing the top after replacing staples, etc.

PM me with your email address if you need the service manual.

Technician

Hello, thanks for your help. I tested it via the service menu.

The sensor is always at 0. As soon as I push a paper through it goes directly to 1 and then back to 0 again.

The fuse is a sand fuse, because I can see no direct damage, here I would have to order a new one because I have nothing to measure here.

What is perhaps still important, I tested it when the machine has cut and you press the stop gate down within approx. 5-10 seconds and remove the brochure from behind, the next brochure runs again to the stop gate and brings a paper jam.

Can it really be the sensor in the back?

Greetings Sven

Technician

Hello,

I just unplugged the sensor and removed it and treated it completely. Nothing has changed after installation.
    I have order a Fuse by an electrician.

Greetings Sven

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Plockmatic BK5010

Get a mulimeter, you can't really work on these machines without one.

Take a good look at the interlock switch assembly, take it out so you can see what switches are in it, then adjust it so you know the switches are making good contact. You can also check the interlock switches with a meter, when you get one.

Check Q6 by putting your finger in front of it. It should go to a 1 as long as you hold your finger on it. If it doesn't change with your finger then it's weak and needs to be replaced.

Is the paper even getting to Q6?

Run the stop gate in service mode, does it go up and down properly?

Technician

Hi, I'm looking to get such a device.

I removed and cleaned the sensor today. If the machine is on and I go over the sensor with paper or my finger, it switches to 1, then it jumps to 0 when I leave.

However, the paper does not reach the sensor.

The trimmer's stop gate moves up and the booklet is cut. After that, the stop gate no longer moves down.

Either I have to press it down during operation, then the booklet continues through the square fold and out at the back.

I go into the service menu and start the stop gate, it moves up and down normally.

Greetings Sven

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Plockmatic BK5010

Looks like you've narrowed it to the Trim Stop Assy. Take the assy out and make sure everything moves freely. If it all looks good, I'd replace the Trimmer Stop Motor.

Technician

Hello,

ok I have to see how I can expand this. When I start the component in the service menu, it starts up and down normally. The whole thing adjusts itself appropriately from the paper dimensions and moves when the paper comes up, but no longer afterwards. If the engine is broken, shouldn't it go up?

The most difficult thing in Germany will be to get such an engine.

Greetings Sven

Technician

Hello,
    IMG_4062.JPG

I have now removed from under a metal sheet and so I can get the component. Everything is required on the side and moves safely and easily. I have now tried it from below while running. The motor goes up after the stop gate and then a metal plate moves into a kind of switch. Then after the cut is the paper jam and the stop gate no longer moves down. If the engine is defective it shouldn't go up? Could this switch be defective? If so what is it called or where could I try to get something from it?

If the machine is running and the brochure has been cut and I press the stop gate down during operation, it will run cleanly out of the machine without any jams. I suspect that it is possibly due to the switch that there is no information that the stop gate is closed or in the worst case the unit where the information is processed.

Greetings Sven

EDIT:
    I found a cable to this sensor. It is Q7. If i check it on the Service Mode, it is 0 and if i activate it manual it is 1 if i let it go it is 0. then the sensor should go.
    Last edited by Bettachild; 07-19-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Plockmatic BK5010

Quote Originally Posted by Bettachild View Post
    Hello,
    IMG_4062.JPG

I have now removed from under a metal sheet and so I can get the component. Everything is required on the side and moves safely and easily. I have now tried it from below while running. The motor goes up after the stop gate and then a metal plate moves into a kind of switch. Then after the cut is the paper jam and the stop gate no longer moves down. If the engine is defective it shouldn't go up? Could this switch be defective? If so what is it called or where could I try to get something from it?

If the machine is running and the brochure has been cut and I press the stop gate down during operation, it will run cleanly out of the machine without any jams. I suspect that it is possibly due to the switch that there is no information that the stop gate is closed or in the worst case the unit where the information is processed.

Greetings Sven

EDIT:
    I found a cable to this sensor. It is Q7. If i check it on the Service Mode, it is 0 and if i activate it manual it is 1 if i let it go it is 0. then the sensor should go.
    During dynamic operation of a sensor the timing between proper operation and failure can be a matter of milliseconds. You cannot observe that short of a delay by manually operating the sensor. Also check the lubrication of the stop gate. I have had the factory lubricant used on the stapler congeal and cause problems.