Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    SP2194 and MUSIC Execution Results - Where's the table?

Hello there.

I'm having MUSIC and line position adjustment troubles on a C5100 - I'm ordering the ITB and bias roller (following TonerMunkeh's advise not directed at me, but still good advise) as I type this, but the reason why I'm starting this thread is another:

The machine has the SP2194 which gives back MUSIC execution results - but I can't find anywhere the table describing these results (even after searching other models, both older and newer).

Anyone seen this?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: SP2194 and MUSIC Execution Results - Where's the table?

You can use the SMC HISTORY TOOL. There is an explanation for the codes with a lot more information for the condition of the machine

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Sorry dude I should have been clearer, it's the 4 drum bias rollers, part number D2586166 and the oppose roller, D1366186.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Sorry dude I should have been clearer, it's the 4 drum bias rollers, part number D2586166 and the oppose roller, D1366186.
    Thank you, I did assume so - ordered all that. Thanks again.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post
    You can use the SMC HISTORY TOOL. There is an explanation for the codes with a lot more information for the condition of the machine
    The SMC history tool is a great tool, but shouldn't replace the SP codes explanation on the service manuals...
    Mascan42

Ibid

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Thank you, I did assume so - ordered all that. Thanks again.
    Status update: After leaving the machine turned on overnight, the problem is gone.

It's a return machine that now sits in the showroom, so I guess that a mixture of handling it over and then leaving it off caused the problem.

Lets see if it keeps that way.
    Mascan42

Ibid

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

I buy only lease returns and find machines that sit for a long time not running will get a lot of humidity on the ITB so I now pull drums,ITB unit on all machines..
    This is on the mpc3503/mpc3504 series but i can see it happening on most ricoh colors

Status update: After leaving the machine turned on overnight, the problem is gone.

It's a return machine that now sits in the showroom, so I guess that a mixture of handling it over and then leaving it off caused the problem.

Lets see if it keeps that way.
    Sorry for reviving this old thread of mine, but it's the same machine and the same problem - Machine fails belt-related adjustments - SP2924-04, SP2111-04 to 01, Music, you name it. After 4 tries it errors out with SC285 and SC496.

The density is good, the belt and transfer/bias rollers are new (although it will need another belt, because I managed to damage it already from all the times I pulled it out and back in). Cleaned the sensors. Tried to zero all the adjustments and try again. Tried to manually adjust SP2101 to close the gap between the colors and then try 2111-04 again - no success. Finally took out the lasers to check if there was any misplaced mirror - nothing.

So far I'm inclined to the ID sensors or the ITB unit.

The reason I'm posting this here is to see if anyone had any experience with these errors that could help me confirm or deny my suspicions.

Best regards!
    Mascan42

Ibid

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Sorry for reviving this old thread of mine, but it's the same machine and the same problem - Machine fails belt-related adjustments - SP2924-04, SP2111-04 to 01, Music, you name it. After 4 tries it errors out with SC285 and SC496.

The density is good, the belt and transfer/bias rollers are new (although it will need another belt, because I managed to damage it already from all the times I pulled it out and back in). Cleaned the sensors. Tried to zero all the adjustments and try again. Tried to manually adjust SP2101 to close the gap between the colors and then try 2111-04 again - no success. Finally took out the lasers to check if there was any misplaced mirror - nothing.

So far I'm inclined to the ID sensors or the ITB unit.

The reason I'm posting this here is to see if anyone had any experience with these errors that could help me confirm or deny my suspicions.

Best regards!
    I don't know that model, I don't have any around, but the ITB could have hidden somewhere on the sides an encoder disk under some cover, which maybe got dirty and creates problems in synchronization

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I don't know that model, I don't have any around, but the ITB could have hidden somewhere on the sides an encoder disk under some cover, which maybe got dirty and creates problems in synchronization

out of personal curiosity, I checked the manual, and there, it would be the AW020210, page 242 of ITA part
    manual version.... I would give it an eye