Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: MP301 firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Scenario 1) If a client pays me to PM a printer & update the firmware there is no copyright issues.

Scenario 2) If a client pays me to PM the printer but I give them the firmware to update themselves there is also no copyright issues.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware

Sooooo everytime someone asks for firmware on these forums and you offer it....do you also drive to their copier in(for example) Bolivia and PM their copier?
    Their might be a copyright issue if you're supplying firmware to people on here sight unseen?
    Not being a dick about it just trying to understand how it works without the consent of the Manufacturers.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Sooooo everytime someone asks for firmware on these forums and you offer it....do you also drive to their copier in(for example) Bolivia and PM their copier?
    Their might be a copyright issue if you're supplying firmware to people on here sight unseen?
    Not being a dick about it just trying to understand how it works without the consent of the Manufacturers.

The engineer in Boliva would PM the machine & I would supply him with the firmware for example.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

I received 100 more negative points with a comment "bitch bitch bitch".
    I think the problem here is that admins don't like people sharing the firmware for free or else they will loose their selling business.
    I would like to know how long it takes them to ban me for telling the truth
    tenor.gif

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by franciz View Post
    I think the problem here is that admins don't like people sharing the firmware for free or else they will loose their selling business.
    tenor.gif
    We have only 1 ADMIN here... no moderators ... Copier Tech is just a plain user like you and I.

Aneurysm WROTE the forum rules.... FIRMWARE and MANUALS have ALWAYS been copyrighted material for the 31yrs I have been in the industry.

Copier Tech has made his position pretty clear... DO NOT post about what you don't know about.

this continued posting is going to earn you more RED CARDS if you continue acting like an entitled little twerp.

Being a tech of 10+ years (or so your profile states) you should know these facts... from now on post your need for files.. maybe some good hearted Tech will help you out. But with the collection of RED CARDS you have acquired... I guess I'm not the ONLY Tech here that finds your continued diatribe on this subject over the top.

and yes I threw one.

Either live with or leave.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

tenor.gif
    Either you have had at least 50 other techs red card you or you are a flat out liar. It shows you as having 3 red cards. Even techs with over 100 in rep power such as myself and Phil B can only give 2 red or green cards at a time. We are also restricted from giving the same person another card for longer than this thread has been going.

If you want to get rid of those red cards you need to get rid of the attitude and start being a helper instead of a taker. A helper is someone who gives helpful sugestions to those having problems with a machine that you know how to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Either you have had at least 50 other techs red card you or you are a flat out liar. It shows you as having 3 red cards. Even techs with over 100 in rep power such as myself and Phil B can only give 2 red or green cards at a time. We are also restricted from giving the same person another card for longer than this thread has been going.
    https://i.imgur.com/4CJb9p5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B.
    Being a tech of 10+ years (or so your profile states) you should know these facts...
    I have been in IT for 16 years, but I don't deal with printers. I am on the networking/administrator side of the field. When you deal with routers/switches/PCs/notebooks, firmwares are free to download and share. I don't know if the same copyright rules apply, but in practice they don't.
    This is the first time I had to deal with a copier at the firmware level.

Of course my first post is going to be a request, that is the main reason why I entered the forum. I admit I could have written a presentation thread but it looks like that is not the issue here.
    I cannot spend 2 or 3 months helping others and creating a reputation to then request what I need.

And I do know what I talk about. I am the owner of a forum, sadly I cannot tell you which it is because I used my real name here and the forum "doesnt follow the rules".
    In my opinion the ideology in this forum is completely backwards. I always help people first and maybe they like the forum and later stay to help others. I use a -trust first- approach.

I received only negative responses from the start. That is why I say what I say, it doesn't seem to be like the forum's main intention is to help people in need.
    Also, it seems pretty convinient that people can sell the firmware without breaking copyright laws but if someone requests one all the messages he get are saying that he is breaking copyright laws.
    That is why I am retitient of this forum, it looks like it is only a platform to sell stuff or favors.

MP301 firmware update

https://i.imgur.com/4CJb9p5.jpg

I have been in IT for 16 years, but I don't deal with printers. I am on the networking/administrator side of the field. When you deal with routers/switches/PCs/notebooks, firmwares are free to download and share. I don't know if the same copyright rules apply, but in practice they don't.
    This is the first time I had to deal with a copier at the firmware level.

Of course my first post is going to be a request, that is the main reason why I entered the forum. I admit I could have written a presentation thread but it looks like that is not the issue here.
    I cannot spend 2 or 3 months helping others and creating a reputation to then request what I need.

And I do know what I talk about. I am the owner of a forum, sadly I cannot tell you which it is because I used my real name here and the forum "doesnt follow the rules".
    In my opinion the ideology in this forum is completely backwards. I always help people first and maybe they like the forum and later stay to help others. I use a -trust first- approach.

I received only negative responses from the start. That is why I say what I say, it doesn't seem to be like the forum's main intention is to help people in need.
    Also, it seems pretty convinient that people can sell the firmware without breaking copyright laws but if someone requests one all the messages he get are saying that he is breaking copyright laws.
    That is why I am retitient of this forum, it looks like it is only a platform to sell stuff or favors.
    About franciz

Country:ArgentinaWhere are you from (City, State):Buenos AiresTechnician Status:Experienced Tech (10 yrs+)

this is a COPIER TECH site .. clearly you claim to be a experienced tech of 10 years.. in NO place did you state that was ONLY in IT..
    yes firmware for routers HAVE to be made open for the public... because end users set them up.

it takes many hours and YEARS to become an experienced COPIER/PRINTER tech... manuals help but HANDS on is way better.

sorry if you didn't know most of the duties of IT can be performed by a GOOD copier tech. I for one ran a Novell network token ring MAU setup... and that was years ago.

you IT fucks seem to think you own the world ( we have at least one bonehead like you here already .. and he is a bumbling fucking idiot)

frankly I don't care HOW many 'forums' you run.. clearly you are lost on the rules and LAWS pertaining to copyrights .. copiers and printers... bet in your cuntry you are still a low class ASS .

all the complaints you listed are VALID complaints .. for an IT 'dude' you don't seem to comprehend simple language.

BEST quit while you are ahead...

try going to another site for your printer woes .... IMHO you aren't welcome here.... and I hope others read this thread and throw TONS of red cards on your stinking lying ass.... maybe then you just might be able to buy a clue ( they cost $100 )

am done with you as others should be.

well lookie there you now have 4 red card hmmmmmm

@Phil B
    Thank you for proving my point.

In the new negative points you said "rude lying trying to cause a problem".
    I would like to know where have I been lying. Everything I stated is my opinion and I only spoke the truth. Maybe that is what bothers people here.
    I am talking correctly with no faul language and like you said all my points are valid.
    About causing problems, I don't see where I am doing that. Do you consider talking about the questionable "legal" right to sell the firmware creating problems??
    I always love a good debate.

Don't worry for me, I couldn't care less about the negative points.
    I have too much free time on this pandemic and spending it dialoguing (or fighting if you want to call it that) on internet.
    I am just waiting to see if they ban me and that would definitely prove I was right.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

@Phil B

I would like to know where have I been lying. Everything I stated is my opinion and I only spoke the truth. Maybe that is what bothers people here.
    I am talking correctly with no faul language and like you said all my points are valid.
    About causing problems, I don't see where I am doing that. Do you consider talking about the questionable "legal" right to sell the firmware creating problems??

I have too much free time on this pandemic and spending it dialoguing (or fighting if you want to call it that) on internet.
    I am just waiting to see if they ban me and that would definitely prove I was right.
    This site is not monitored you can post what you like.

beeg.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

MP301 firmware update

@Phil B

it's Foul not faul...

as far as the lying part your profile says it quite clearly

as far as Copier Tech.. he is a good guy and is in another country.. I am not versed in EU laws... and really don't care to be.

this site even tho it is setup for international users .. it is BASED is the USA... I know the laws (most) in my country and it IS Illegal to: sell - give firmware to anyone NOT authorized to have it.

if you don't know what you ARE DOING you can 'brick' a machine by using the wrong firmware or not following proper procedure during installation.

if you have a manual (?) you would know that about the firmware. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking laws. ( but I do believe RICOH is an international company therefore all copyright laws pertain to the whole world )

your continuing the 'debate' is just plain asinine and show how entitled you feel you are... so go your merry fucking way jerkwad... i hope you get caught and brick your machine.

EOS