Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    MP301 firmware update

    Hi, I am looking for the firmware update for this printer.
    Recently I updated the servers to 2019 version and now I cannot scan to a network folder.
    According to the firmware notes I need a newer firmware version to be able to enable smbv2
    http://195.50.207.134/Tehdoc/0719/co...ware_notes.pdf
    - Newly added SMBv2/v3 support.This firmware is dependent on the following firmware modules.
    Please be sure to update all of them:
    System/Copy v3.24 (D1275780Y)
    Network Support v12.36.1 (D1275791P)
    Web Support v1.13 (D1275787P)
    Scanner v01.09 (D1275786H)
    OpePanel
    - Europe and China model: v1.24 (D1271491P)
    - North America, Asia, and Koria model: v1.04 (D1271498C)
    And this are the firmware installed in the printer
    System/Copy 3.28 D1275801B
    Network Support 12.34 D1275791M
    Web Support 1.14 D1275787Q
    Scanner 01.09 D1275786H
    OpePanel 1.02 D1271498A
    It looks like I only need Network Support and OpePanel.
    Thanks a lot in advance!

  2. #2
    Copier Technician 500+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by franciz View Post
    Hi, I am looking for the firmware update for this printer.
    Recently I updated the servers to 2019 version and now I cannot scan to a network folder.
    According to the firmware notes I need a newer firmware version to be able to enable smbv2
    http://195.50.207.134/Tehdoc/0719/co...ware_notes.pdf

    And this are the firmware installed in the printer

    It looks like I only need Network Support and OpePanel.
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    I could help you with this user seem to get more help when they have made a contribution to the site

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,489
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by franciz View Post
    Hi, I am looking for the firmware update for this printer.
    Recently I updated the servers to 2019 version and now I cannot scan to a network folder.
    According to the firmware notes I need a newer firmware version to be able to enable smbv2
    http://195.50.207.134/Tehdoc/0719/co...ware_notes.pdf

    And this are the firmware installed in the printer

    It looks like I only need Network Support and OpePanel.
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Happy to help drop us an email

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    I didn't know that firmware were protected by copyright and that cannot even be shared.
    Still, I see a double standard in this forum.
    I got 150 negative points for requesting the firmware but it seems the administrators doesn't have any problem if the users use this forum as a medium to sell them.

    I want to give huge thanks to the person that helped me via PM, a great guy.

  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,830
    Rep Power
    287

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by franciz View Post
    I didn't know that firmware were protected by copyright and that cannot even be shared.
    Still, I see a double standard in this forum.
    I got 150 negative points for requesting the firmware but it seems the administrators doesn't have any problem if the users use this forum as a medium to sell them.

    I want to give huge thanks to the person that helped me via PM, a great guy.
    Ricoh and many other manufacturers consider firmware to be their intellectual property. Under the Forum Rules General Rule 5 states "Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed."

    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Ricoh and many other manufacturers consider firmware to be their intellectual property. Under the Forum Rules General Rule 5 states "Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed."

    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules
    Yes, I had already read the rules.
    I just didn't know that firmware weren't allowed to be shared. I thougth the copyright only forbid to make mods or change them in any way.

    I repeat, it seems firmware cannot be requested but they can be selled. Horrible double standard.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,604
    Rep Power
    189

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by franciz View Post
    Yes, I had already read the rules.
    I just didn't know that firmware weren't allowed to be shared. I thougth the copyright only forbid to make mods or change them in any way.

    I repeat, it seems firmware cannot be requested but they can be selled. Horrible double standard.
    seems then you were never trained or studied the SM.. it CLEARLY states in there that it would be a copyright violation

  8. #8
    Ricoh Fanboy 1,000+ Posts Oze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba,QLD
    Posts
    1,523
    Rep Power
    49

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by franciz View Post
    Yes, I had already read the rules.
    I just didn't know that firmware weren't allowed to be shared. I thougth the copyright only forbid to make mods or change them in any way.

    I repeat, it seems firmware cannot be requested but they can be selled. Horrible double standard.
    I see your point and I don't know what arrangement(if any) copierfirmware.co.uk has in place with the manufacturers that allows him to be able to resell current version firmware but I'm sure that it's all legit and above board.
    Copier Tech?...over to you maybe?

  9. #9
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,830
    Rep Power
    287

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    I see your point and I don't know what arrangement(if any) copierfirmware.co.uk has in place with the manufacturers that allows him to be able to resell current version firmware but I'm sure that it's all legit and above board.
    Copier Tech?...over to you maybe?
    If he did I would assume that he would also pay for banner advertising here on CTN. Just like Paul did with Just Manuals.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP301 firmware update

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,489
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: MP301 firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If he did I would assume that he would also pay for banner advertising here on CTN. Just like Paul did with Just Manuals.

    Scenario 1) If a client pays me to PM a printer & update the firmware there is no copyright issues.

    Scenario 2) If a client pays me to PM the printer but I give them the firmware to update themselves there is also no copyright issues.

    Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here