Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I don't share the last posters good views on this machine.

It's a pain to have to remove the toner hopper and then the face plate every time you need to get to one of the drums. A full drum area PM will take me at least two hours if not longer and a complete fuser rebuild is another two hours if everything goes as planned, and that's trying to do it in a hurry.

The machines do run good if you don't run to much heavy stock and the PMs are done on time. They are just labor intensive.
    I agree. As with anything if you work on them day in and day out experience makes the service much faster. I am like you though, I allow over 4 hours to do a full PM on one of these, Fuser does take a good long while mainly because I am very careful not to mix up screws to do it properly. It's easy to mix up screws and reassemble wrong and have to redo things. My daily is the smaller office units which are much simpler so these are an enormous pain to me. Although if they are maintained they do make excellent prints..

That said they did address many pain points on the 5300 by not requiring the removal of covers and many less screws in the Fuser.. Should be much better. I haven't seen one in person yet however.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I don't share the last posters good views on this machine.

It's a pain to have to remove the toner hopper and then the face plate every time you need to get to one of the drums. A full drum area PM will take me at least two hours if not longer and a complete fuser rebuild is another two hours if everything goes as planned, and that's trying to do it in a hurry.

The machines do run good if you don't run to much heavy stock and the PMs are done on time. They are just labor intensive.
    I agree with you. there is no way you can rebuild a fuser on this machine in a hour. maybe the pressure roller can be done in 45 minutes and one color pcu is going to take around 45 mintues. ITB cleaning unit is the easiest and it takes 30-45 mintues once removed.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

the more you work on them the easier they become to service just like anything. Takes pictures or make a drawing when dis assembling stuff.

i recently did a ITB unit PM on one because i was getting streaks and poor transfer with 3.5M copies on the belt and i ended up getting transfer issues after i put it back together. turns out i had the rear PTR bias roller cam installed inside-out backwards.

Everybody says the fuser takes 4-5 hours, after you do a few you can get it down to 2 without using the book, i don't rush either and i work clean.

Technician

Hi Homerlasvegas,
    did you endup buying the Ricoh C5200S ?
    How much it cost you?

I got similar offer with nearly 1 mil clicked.

Cheers,