Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    1

    Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    Ok.. so I was about to outfit a small print shop with a Pro C5200 (500,000 clicks lease return). however, a tech from another company told me... The speed of this unit is simialar to an office machine. If you start feeding thicker stock, you will drop speed dynamically ... similar to an office machine. Is this true?

    Those of you who have experienced this machine in light duty production.. (probably starting with less than 20,000 pages per month.. increasing.. Post cards (12 pt) .. 12 pt business cards... full bleed 8.5 x 11 80# book brochures. whats your experience... Is is a good machine?? Even though inexpensive.. is it just plain CHEAP???

    Thanks For the Input.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,484
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    Quote Originally Posted by homerlasvegas View Post
    Ok.. so I was about to outfit a small print shop with a Pro C5200 (500,000 clicks lease return). however, a tech from another company told me... The speed of this unit is simialar to an office machine. If you start feeding thicker stock, you will drop speed dynamically ... similar to an office machine. Is this true?

    Those of you who have experienced this machine in light duty production.. (probably starting with less than 20,000 pages per month.. increasing.. Post cards (12 pt) .. 12 pt business cards... full bleed 8.5 x 11 80# book brochures. whats your experience... Is is a good machine?? Even though inexpensive.. is it just plain CHEAP???

    Thanks For the Input.
    The Pro C5200 is not a true production machine it is basically a large/fast office MPC model however will cope fine with light production use.

    I look after a few in schools no real issues.

    Yours at 500k will be fine.

    Drum good for 1,000,000 fuser due @ 600,000 & they are very time consuming to rebuild.

    There are much better Pro models but will cost a lot more
    Ricoh Pro C5200s.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  3. #3
    Copier Technician 500+ Posts
    Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    Quote Originally Posted by homerlasvegas View Post
    Ok.. so I was about to outfit a small print shop with a Pro C5200 (500,000 clicks lease return). however, a tech from another company told me... The speed of this unit is simialar to an office machine. If you start feeding thicker stock, you will drop speed dynamically ... similar to an office machine. Is this true?

    Those of you who have experienced this machine in light duty production.. (probably starting with less than 20,000 pages per month.. increasing.. Post cards (12 pt) .. 12 pt business cards... full bleed 8.5 x 11 80# book brochures. whats your experience... Is is a good machine?? Even though inexpensive.. is it just plain CHEAP???

    Thanks For the Input.
    I work on a lot of these good machine speed Pro c5200 65 ppm c5210 80 ppm

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    good machine just have to remove a lot of screws before you can really even work on it. the PM work is labor intensive as well if you had to do every single PM item (rebuilding vs new units)+ developer on 1 call it would take at least a day and half.

    If you keep up on the PMs they run great if you start slacking on the PM stuff they run poor. just my experience

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    good machine just have to remove a lot of screws before you can really even work on it. the PM work is labor intensive as well if you had to do every single PM item (rebuilding vs new units)+ developer on 1 call it would take at least a day and half.

    If you keep up on the PMs they run great if you start slacking on the PM stuff they run poor. just my experience
    Truth. PM regular otherwise they run dirty. If the pm schedule is kept up religiously they run great....

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    9

    Thumbs up Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    just another tip on this box if you run a lot of 12 pt stock the fuser belt will not make PM life the belt will have to be replaced alot sooner and any little defect in it will show up with running full coverage color. which is what most of my customer prints on with 12pt stock. its got a smoothing roller but its not magic more of a stop gap band aid fix. i had a acct i had to rebuild the fuser twice in 3 weeks because all they ran was 12pt for days straight.

    Also with heavy stock with a lot of coverage I've seen the finisher rollers and guide boards scratch the paper and leave a physical gouge on the paper from toner buildup. frequent cleaning / and idler roller replacement/cleaning usually solves this. the exit/duplex section is quite fragile as well as there are a lot of rollers and Mylars that are easily damaged with frequent heavy stock.

    like someone already stated its really a office machine more than a production unit.

    I am hoping to see some Pro 5300S in the field soon we have 1 demo machine and it looks like they fixed a lot of the shortcomings from the 5200 series

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,484
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    just another tip on this box if you run a lot of 12 pt stock the fuser belt will not make PM life the belt will have to be replaced alot sooner and any little defect in it will show up with running full coverage color. which is what most of my customer prints on with 12pt stock. its got a smoothing roller but its not magic more of a stop gap band aid fix. i had a acct i had to rebuild the fuser twice in 3 weeks because all they ran was 12pt for days straight.

    Also with heavy stock with a lot of coverage I've seen the finisher rollers and guide boards scratch the paper and leave a physical gouge on the paper from toner buildup. frequent cleaning / and idler roller replacement/cleaning usually solves this. the exit/duplex section is quite fragile as well as there are a lot of rollers and Mylars that are easily damaged with frequent heavy stock.

    like someone already stated its really a office machine more than a production unit.

    I am hoping to see some Pro 5300S in the field soon we have 1 demo machine and it looks like they fixed a lot of the shortcomings from the 5200 series
    How does the Pro 5300S look, especially the fuser? That the only real major issue with the 5100.5210 series.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

    The fuser has been redesigned to be easier to service like they did with the 8300 series instead of 13 different screw types i think they got it down to 6 or 7 you no longer have to take the drawer unit cover off to remove it as well The dupluex / exit section rollers have been resigned as well.

    You can also use production accessories with it. the RT5100 style vac LCIT the big finisher with dual shift trays and i think you can even get a plocmatic PBM 350/500 on it.

    Introducing the Ricoh Pro C5300 Series - YouTube

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here